In the year 2004-05, the Department of Social Work, the two years post graduation program, i.e MSW has been established in regular mode. Students are imparted knowledge about social work in these two years from the academic year 2006-07. Two specializations namely Family and Child Welfare (FCW) and Urban & Rural Community Development (URCD) are initiated. Hence the student can opt either of the specialization which involves concurrent field work and prepares a project report.
- To prepare graduates and post graduates to enter the professional practice as trained and skilled social work practitioners with unbiased, balanced attitude.
- To enhance the understanding of the student-social-workers towards the basic human rights and duties of the populace that exists globally as well as locally.
- To enhance the ability of student-social-worker to identify various causal factors that can affect people and environments, as also to identify how these factors can potentially interact to produce social disorganization, stress and problems that affect individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- To increase awareness, generate sensitivity towards, issues of gender, caste, class, age, ability, and religion; in our pluralistic society, in the attitude and the approach of the student-social-workers.
- To prepare the student-social-workers to use the social work knowledge, skills, values and ethics to enhance both the quality of life for the people whom they work with and the quality of such attempted efforts in the urban as well as in rural India.
- To provide the student-social-worker a platform to apply the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to continually and constant evaluation of the efficacy of their efforts as well as the initiatives carried out by the community based agencies; and to thus, contribute to the knowledge base of the profession.
- To provide the student-social-worker an opportunity to share the knowledge, skills, inculcate values and ethics essential for the effective engaging in the practice of social work at the micro as well as macro-levels, to advocate for systemic change and to work towards a setting that positively contributes to social and economic justice; as also questions the existing frameworks.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil in Social Work)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D in Social Work)
- Integrated teaching and learning approach through emphasis on field work and theory sessions.
- Skill-enhancing and potential building efforts for student-social-workers through workshops, lecture-demonstrations, and advanced specialisation exposure visits organised on a regular basis.
- Additional vidyapeeth level exposure in community-based interventions.
Energetic, enthusiastic, qualified faculty members with filed experience and research aptitude
Department Of Social Work
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth (TMV)
Contact No : 020-24403049, 020-24403105
E Mail : [email protected]
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.