The Dept of Nehru Institute of Social Sciences was established in the year 1969. The Government of Maharashtra recognized the M.A. degree course, In March 1981. The Government of India (Vide G.R. F.9 - 19/85- U- 3 date 24- 04 - 87) gave recognition to the teaching programmes and research work of the TMV by granting it recognition as a Deemed University. The Dept of Social Sciences be separated into autonomous departments came into being with effect from September 2005.
- Help to prepare quality professionals in the field of research, service, outreach and leadership.
- Entrance commitment of faculty, staff and student to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the academic period.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the department.
- To introduce study of new innovative subjects and related courses.
- To encourage research activities.
- To encourage the student to face competition.
- To develop comprehensive understanding of interdisciplinary issues of society.
- To encourage post-graduate students to study disciplinary subjects.
- Master of Arts (MA in Political Science)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil in Political Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D in Political Science)
- High quality education
- Integration of teaching and research activity.
- Providing individual attention. Minimum student-teacher ratio.
- Providing more flexibility in student education.
- To upgrade syllabus to accommodate new and relevant subject, topics etc.
Conducted one day Workshop on “Human Development Index”; for Ph.D students with coordination of YASHDA, Pune, on 30th March 2013. Faculty Dr. Manik Sonawane has submitted a proposal of Major Research Project to UGC for financial assistance.
Department of Political Science provides following facilities for students such as
- Seminar Hall: (Lokmanya Tilak Hall) for various seminars, workshops and presentations so on.
- Classrooms Comfortable seating arrangement, Well equipped Classrooms with well equipment LCD and slide projector and laptops.
- Hostels: Ladies Hostel and Boys' Hostel separately.
- Guest rooms: Five guest rooms with attach bathroom with AC.
- Library: Computerized and Compact Library with good collection of Periodicals and Journals 2) Computer Lab with Internet Facility 3) Reading Room 4) Institutional / Corporate Access to International Journals, Online Books etc.
- Separate Wash rooms for Boys and Girls
- Parking for student.
- Canteen with concession or subsidies rates for students.
- Xerox facility.
Department of Political Science
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth
Pune 411 037
Contact No : (020) 24454866, 24433290
Email: [email protected]
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.