Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The National Eligibility- cum- Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD/MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) (UG) is applicable for admissions to the following:-
=> All India Quota Seats.
=> State Government Quota Seats where the State Government concerned so opts.
=> Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
|Commencement of applications||1st week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit applications (without late fee)||Last week of December 2016|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit application form (without late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||week of February 2017|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|Examination date (NEET 2017)||1st week of May 2017|
|Results declaration||1st week of June 2017|
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) will be conducted in following 8 languages (since 2017): Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu and Tamil. So far NEET used to be held only in English and Hindi.
- The applicants must be an Indian national or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- The applicants must have aged between 17 to 25 years as on 31st December of the admission year (for reserved applicants maximum age limit is 30 years).
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State
Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as
on 31st December, of the year of the entrance examination.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per the
rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- The applicants must have qualified 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English (appearing applicants can also apply).
- The applicants must have scored minimum 50% in PCB group (45% for general PH and 40% for SC/ST/OBC).
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a
minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates
belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates.
- Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2016 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J &K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as these States had opted out of
All India Scheme since its inception. However, they are eligible to appear in NEET-II for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any
Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institution/University concerned.
- The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority is http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx.
- The application forms will be available from the 1st week of December 2016.
- The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they start application process.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or
- Through e-Challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s Bank Account maintained by Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank directly by downloading the e-Challan Form from the website of www.aipmt.nic.in.
- Net Banking
- e-wallet of Common Service Centre (CSC)
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
For General/OBC- Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 2000/- with late fee)
For SC/ST/PH- Rs. 550/- (Rs. 1550/- with late fee)
The NEET shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
The question paper of NEET 2017 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
- Botany- 45 questions
- Physics- 45 questions
- Zoology- 45 questions
- Chemistry- 45 questions
Total- 180 questions
The NEET II was conducted on 24th July 2016. The results will be declared on 17th August 2016. A total of 4,75,785 candidates registered for NEET II, and more 90% appeared for the exam. The result will be available on the official website once declared.
The Deputy Secretary (Examination),
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Phone No. – 011-22509256-59, 22019683, 22521081
Fax No. – 011-22509251
Website - http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
List of suggested books for NEET exam preparations.