Delhi School of Communication (DSC) now invites applications for its coveted 2- years XXth Post Graduate Programme in Communication for the current year. The Program is known for its dual qualifications in the name of MJMC ‘Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication’ and PGDPC ‘Post Graduate Diploma Program in Communication’. The Diploma programs are approved by both AICTE and UGC, and are affiliated with Jodhpur National University.
PGDPC saw its inception in the year 1995 and today this coveted marketing communication programme is widely recognised by most students and industry leaders. The Post Graduate Students recognize this as top of the line communications programme that directly puts them on the road to a great career ahead. DSC makes sure that the program covers all the relevant topics on Journalism, Marketing, Digital Entertainment, Public Relations and Advertising. The Programme is widely appreciated by the academicians and industry leaders for its alignment with the industry requirements.
The programme integrates well the academic and the exposure part. The work exposure is the intrinsic part as every student has to undertake the internship of 4 months for a full day work experience and apprenticeship of 3 to 6 months for a half day work experience. During the programme schedule, the students get to obtain an enriching work experience and also an attractive stipend. The program has therefore been acknowledged across the industry and an early placement awaits the students with agencies such as Mudra, JWT, Edelman, Genesis BM, Perfect Relations etc.
Graduates or those graduating in any stream in 2014 may apply for the DSC programme. Work experience in communications is preferred though not mandatory.
The Dean’s scholarship is awarded on two occasions in the DSC programme.Upto 30,000/- is awarded to two students, on admission to DSC, for their outstanding academic and co-curricular performance. Students interested in availing the scholarship may submit a written Statement of Purpose alongwith the application form. Kindly contact the institute for the topic of the SOP. Upto Rs 30,000/- is also awarded during the semesters. Based on the students academic performance and industry feedback during internships, this scholarship is awarded every alternate semesters.
1. Graduates and students appearing for their final year examination in 2014 can send an application for the programme
2. The application form can be downloaded from the official web-site www.dsc.edu.in/admissionprocess
3. The Students have to sit for the internal examination or clear the CAT/MAT/ATMA examination
4. The internal examination by DSC is of 1 ½ hour duration that covers creative writing skills, logic and reasoning abilities of the student
5. The test also tests the student on basic knowledge in the field of advertising and media
6. The students have to also appear for ½ hour test on emotional and psychological quotient
7. The personality test is the final step for obtaining admission to the PGDPC course
* The DSC application form also be submitted online: http://www.dsc.edu.in/registration-form, you may
* Download the application form for the PGDPC course here: Application form 2014-16 inorder to post/courier the form
* For selection to DSC the candidate has to clear either our Internal Admission test or secure a certain percentage (kindly check with the institute) in any Indian Management Competitive exam such as MAT/CAT/ATMA.
* This is followed by a Psychological test. A ½ hr objective type paper, testing an individual’s emotional quotient, writing skills and overall creativity.
Both the Psychological Test and the Written Test are now available online. Upon submission of the application form either online or via courier, a Unique ID will be provided by the institute (via email) alongwith a link to the Psychological Test and Written Test, in order to sit for it online.
The Personality Interview is conducted after the Psychological Test and Admission Test. It is the main criteria for selection to DSC.
Leave your comments for Delhi School of Communication Post Graduate Programme in Communication (PGDPC) Admission 2014comments powered by Disqus
Stay connected with us on