- 1 Education Entrance Exams
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for D.El.Ed Admission:
- 3 Application Procedures for D.El.Ed Admission:
- 4 Selection Process for D.El.Ed Admission:
- 5 Scope of Pursuing D.EL.Ed Course
- 6 FAQs
Are you considering a career in teaching and wondering what education entrance exams in India you should take? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the top entrance exams in India for aspiring teachers, including eligibility, syllabus, and preparation tips. Whether you’re a recent graduate or looking to switch careers, read on to find out more.
Education Entrance Exams
For detailed information on each examination, please go through the below-given entrance examinations conducted in India.
National Level Education Entrance Exams
|BA-B.Ed, B.Sc-B.Ed, B.Ed, B.Ed-M.Ed, M.Ed, M.Sc Ed||RIE CEE|
Open Universities Education Entrance Exams
|B.Ed||IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed, B.Ed||PSSOU Pre B.Ed D.El.Ed|
|B.Ed||UPRTOU B.Ed Entrance Test|
|B.Ed||VMOU B.Ed Entrance Exam|
State / Institute Level Education Entrance Exams
|Telugu / Hindi Language Pandit Training Course (LPT)||AP LPCET|
|D.EL.Ed||Arunachal Pradesh DIET / D.El.Ed Admission|
|D.El.Ed||SCERT Assam D.El.Ed PET|
|B.Ed||Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET|
|Integrated B.Ed||Bihar Integrated B.Ed CET|
|B.Ed||Bihar B.Ed CET|
|D.El.Ed||SCERT Chandigarh D.El.Ed.|
|Integrated BA/B.Sc-B.Ed||CG Pre B.A B.Ed / Pre B.Sc. B.Ed|
|B.Ed||CG Pre B.Ed|
|D.El.Ed. , DPSE||SCERT Delhi / DIET Delhi Admission|
|B.Ed||DU CIE B.Ed|
|B.Ed, M.Ed||IPU CET|
|D.El.Ed, B.Ed, M.Ed||KHS Admission|
|Shiksha Shastri (B.ED), Shiksha Acharya (M.Ed.) and Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D)||SLBSRSV Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed||Goa D.El.Ed / DIET Admission|
|B.Ed||DHE Goa B.Ed Admission|
|D.El.Ed||PTC Gujarat D.El.Ed|
|B.Sc-B.Ed, BA.B.Ed, B.Ed, M.Ed, B.Ed-M.Ed, MA/M.Sc-M.Ed, PhD||IITE Admission|
|B.Ed, M.Ed||BKNMU Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed||SCERT Haryana D.El.Ed / DIET Admission|
|M.Ed||CCS University M.Ed Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed||HPBOSE D.El.Ed CET|
|B.Ed||HPU B.Ed Entrance Test|
Jammu and Kashmir
|B.Ed||JKBOPEE B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|B.Ed||Jharkhand B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed, D.P.Ed||Karnataka D.El.Ed / D.P.Ed Admission|
|B.Ed||Karnataka B.Ed Admission|
|D.El.Ed||MP Online D.El.Ed|
|BA/BSc-B.Ed, B.Ed, BElEd, B.Ed-M.Ed, BPEd, MPEd, MEd, PBEd||MP BA/BSc-B.Ed, B.Ed, BElEd, B.Ed-M.Ed, BPEd, MPEd, MEd, PBEd Admission|
|D.El.Ed||Manipur D.El.Ed / DIET Admission|
|D.El.Ed||MSCERT Maharashtra D.El.Ed|
|Integrated BA/B.Sc-B.Ed||MAH BA/B.Sc-B.Ed CET|
|B.Ed||MAH B.Ed CET|
|Integrated B.Ed-M.Ed||MAH B.Ed M.Ed CET|
|M.Ed||MAH M.Ed CET|
|B.P.Ed||MAH B.P.Ed CET|
|M.P.Ed||MAH M.P.Ed CET|
|D.El.Ed||Meghalaya D.El.Ed Admission|
|B.Ed||Nagaland B.Ed CET|
|D.El.Ed., B.Ed., M.Ed., B.H.Ed., B.P.Ed., M. Phil||SCERT Odisha Admission|
|B.Ed||SJSV B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed||ETT Punjab D.El.Ed|
|B.Ed||Punjab B.Ed Admission|
|Integrated B.A. B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed., and B.Ed||Rajasthan PTET|
|B.Ed M.Ed||Rajasthan PBMET|
|2 year Shiksha Sashtri, 4 year Shastri-Shiksha Shastri, Shiskha Acharya||JRRSU PSST / PSSST / PSAT|
|B.Ed||Sikkim Govt B.Ed College Admission|
|D.El.Ed, DPSE||TS DEECET|
|D.El.Ed||UP BTC (D.El.Ed)|
|B.Ed||UP B.Ed JEE|
|Hindi Shikshan Praveen (D.El.Ed equivalent), Hindi Shikshan Parangat (B.Ed equivalent), Hindi Shikshan Nishnat (M.Ed equivalent)||Kendriya Hindi Sansthan Admission|
|D.El.Ed||Uttarakhand DElEd Entrance Exam|
|B.Ed||Uttarakhand Sanskrit University B.Ed Entrance Test|
|B.Ed, M.Ed||SSJU Entrance Exam|
|D.El.Ed||WB D.El.Ed Admission|
Eligibility Criteria for D.El.Ed Admission:
The eligibility criteria for D.El.Ed admission vary by state, but in general, the following requirements apply:
- Age Limit: Candidates must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Relaxation for Reserved Categories: Relaxation in age and educational qualifications is provided to reserved categories as per government rules.
Application Procedures for D.El.Ed Admission:
The application process for D.El.Ed admission varies by state, but in general, the following steps apply:
- Visit the Official Website: Visit the official website of the state’s education department or the state’s D.El.Ed admission portal to register.
- Fill Out the Application Form: Fill out the application form with all the necessary details, such as personal information, educational qualifications, and contact details.
- Upload Documents: Upload all the required documents, such as the mark sheet of 10+2, category certificate, and photographs.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the application fee through online mode, such as by credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Submit the Application Form: After filling out the form and paying the fee, submit the application form online.
Selection Process for D.El.Ed Admission:
The selection process for D.El.Ed admission varies by state, but in general, the following steps apply:
- Entrance Exam: Most states conduct an entrance exam for D.El.Ed admission. The entrance exam consists of multiple-choice questions based on topics such as General Knowledge, Mathematics, and English Language.
- Merit List: After the entrance exam, a merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s score in the entrance exam and their educational qualifications.
- Counseling: Candidates are called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list. During counselling, candidates are allotted seats based on their preferences and availability of seats.
Scope of Pursuing D.EL.Ed Course
Pursuing a D.El.Ed course opens up several career opportunities for candidates who want to pursue a career in teaching. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the scope of pursuing a D.El.Ed course.
- Teaching Opportunities: D.El.Ed graduates can work as primary school teachers in various schools across India. The demand for trained and qualified primary school teachers is high, and a D.El.Ed course provides candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in this field.
- Higher Education Opportunities: After completing a D.El.Ed course, candidates can pursue higher education in the field of education. Candidates can pursue Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or Master of Education (M.Ed) courses to further enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Private Tutoring: D.El.Ed graduates can also work as private tutors for primary school students. Many parents prefer private tutors for their children, and a D.El.Ed course provides candidates with the necessary skills to be an effective private tutor.
- Government Jobs: D.El.Ed graduates can also apply for various government jobs such as teacher positions in government schools, teacher positions in government-run child development centers, and teacher positions in various government-run institutions.
- Curriculum Development: D.El.Ed graduates can also work as curriculum developers for primary schools. They can create and design teaching materials, lesson plans, and other educational resources for primary school teachers.
- Educational Administration: D.El.Ed graduates can also work in educational administration. They can work as school administrators, education coordinators, or education managers. They can also work in various government-run educational institutions as administrators.
D.El.Ed stands for Diploma in Elementary Education. It is a two-year diploma course that prepares candidates to teach at the primary level.
The eligibility criteria for D.El.Ed admission varies by state, but in general, candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates must also be between 18 and 35 years old.
The selection process for D.El.Ed admission varies by state, but in general, candidates have to appear for an entrance exam. After the entrance exam, a merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s score in the entrance exam and their educational qualifications. Candidates are then called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list.
The D.El.Ed course is a two-year diploma course.
The syllabus of the D.El.Ed course includes subjects such as Childhood and the Development of Children, Learning and Teaching, Curriculum and Pedagogy, and Educational Evaluation and Assessment.
After completing the D.El.Ed course, candidates can work as primary school teachers, private tutors, curriculum developers, education coordinators, and educational administrators. They can also pursue higher education in the field of education.
Yes, most states have an online application process for D.El.Ed admission. Candidates can visit the official website of the state’s education department or the state’s D.El.Ed admission portal to register.
Yes, there is relaxation in age and educational qualifications for reserved categories as per government rules.
No, candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent to be eligible for D.El.Ed admission.
Yes, age relaxation is provided to reserved categories as per government rules.