AP EDCET 2023: The Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EDCET) is a state-level Education entrance exam organized by Andhra University (AU Vishakhapatnam) for admission to B.Ed, B.Ed Spl. courses in University, Government, Aided, and Private Colleges of Education.
The exam is taken by thousands of students every year who aspire to pursue a career in teaching. Cracking the AP EDCET exam is crucial to secure a seat in a reputed B.Ed college in the state of Andhra Pradesh. In this article, we will discuss the AP EDCET exam in detail, including eligibility criteria, exam pattern, important dates, and tips to crack the exam.
The full form of AP EdCET is Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test. It is organized by Andhra University at a State level.
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Sample Question Paper
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Response Sheet
AP EdCET 2023 Exam Date
|Release of notification||22 Mar 2023|
|Release of AP EdCET 2023 application form||24 Mar 2023|
|Last date to apply online without late fee||23 Apr 2023|
|Last date to apply with a late fee of Rs 1000||02 May 2023|
|Application form correction||03 to 06 May 2023|
|Last date to apply with a late fee of Rs 2000||10 May 2023|
|Application form correction for those who submitted with a late fee of Rs 2000||11 May 2023|
|AP EdCET 2023 admit card release date||12 May 2023|
|AP EdCET 2023 Exam Date||20 May 2023 (9 am to 11 am)|
|Release of official answer key||24 May 2023 (10 am)|
|Last date and Time of objections in Preliminary Key||26 May 2023 (5 pm)|
|AP EdCET 2023 result announcement||As per AU Vishakhapatnam|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Important dates
- User Guide
- NCC Merit List
- CAP Merit List
- Sports & Games Merit List
- Bharath Scouts & Guides G.O.
- List of Sports & Games
- Local status of students migrated from Telangana to AP
Application fee for AP EdCET
The application fee for this exam must be paid online only. The application cost for appearing in this test can be paid by credit/debit card or net banking. The following is the information on the application fee.
How to Fill the AP EdCET
- Step 1: Go to sche.ap.gov.in, which is the official website.
- Step 2: Locate the application form link and complete the application form.
- Step 3: After that, you must pay the application fee.
- Step 4: After you’ve made your payment, begin filling out the application form.
- Step 5: Fill in the blanks with information on the candidate, their address, the specifics of the common entrance exam, and their address.
- Step 6: After filling out all of the required information, upload the documents requested in the application form, such as photographs and signatures.
- Step 7: Preview the application form before submitting it, and then print it off after submitting it.
Document required for AP EdCET
- Mark sheet for tenth grade
- 12th-grade report card
- Certificate of Caste (if applicable)
- Original and photocopy of bachelor’s degree
- The result of the Exam
- Admissions card
AP EdCET – Overview
|Name of Exam||AP EdCET|
|Full Form of AP EdCET||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Organizing Body||AU Vishakhapatnam|
|Full Form of AU Vishakhapatnam||Andhra University|
|Type of Exam||Education Entrance Exam|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Courses Where Admission is Through AP EdCET||B.Ed, B.Ed Spl. courses|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through AP EdCET||University, Government, Aided and Private Colleges of Education|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) / B.Com. / B.C.A. / B.B.M. / BE / B.Tech|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Subjects in Question Paper||General English, General Knowledge, Teaching Aptitude, Methodology|
AP EdCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Online test.
- Question type – The questions are Multiple choice.
- Number of Questions – There are 150 questions in the entrance exam.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 150.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 2 hours.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates opting to write the Entrance Test in Urdu medium will be provided with English / Urdu paper..
AP EdCET Eligibility Criteria
The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, Amravati, establishes the eligibility requirements on behalf of Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. Before applying for the exam, candidates must be aware of the eligibility requirements. More information about the eligibility conditions can be found further down.
Candidates who are citizens of India are eligible to take this test.
Candidates applying for the exam must be at least 19 years old to be considered. There are no age restrictions.
Before applying for this exam, the candidate must meet specific educational requirements. Some of these have been covered in more detail below.
- Candidates must have completed or been in their last year of a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Candidates who have earned a 50 percent grade in their B.E/B. Tech (with Physics and Mathematics) are also eligible to take the exam.
- Candidates can apply for the exam if they have completed a 5-year integrated degree program in any relevant subject.
AP EdCET Exam Centers
The official website is cets.apsche.ap.gov.in.