|Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
Manipal University, formerly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education or MAHE for short, is a deemed university in Manipal, Karnataka, India and is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
It has over 96,000 students from 51 countries in the main campus located in Manipal as well as sister campuses in Sikkim (India), Nepal and Melaka (Malaysia).
It has several constituent colleges. Manipal offers programs in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, biotechnology, allied health sciences, architecture, engineering, management, hospitality, jewellery design & management and mass communication.
The university has international academic collaborations for twinning programs in engineering, medicine, biomedical, communication with universities in the US, Australia, Germany, Nepal and other academic organizations.
It is home to one of the best libraries and also to one of the finest Anatomy Museums in the world and it has fully equipped campuses, research centre of national and international repute.
Starting with Kasturba Medical College in 1953, Dr T. M. A. Pai went on to found several colleges specialising in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, allied health sciences and engineering. These constituent colleges that were originally affiliated to Mangalore University.
In 1993, the Government of India granted "Deemed university" status through an Act of UGC and the Manipal Academy for Higher Education (MAHE) was established . MAHE became the first institute in the private sector to be recognized as a Deemed University.
Since December 2006 the name was officially changed to Manipal University, as the word academy did not indicate the status of a university.
Manipal University (MU) has 20 constituent colleges
The campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere in which students from over 51 countries create lifelong friendships. The campuses have playgrounds and courts for cricket, hockey, football, tennis, basketball, badminton and volleyball. There are swimming pools, gym and athletics track. Students can join clubs for music and fine arts, literary pursuits, meditation, yoga and debating and photography.
MU also has a chapter of SPIC-MACAY, which stages an annual festival Virasat, presenting luminaries of Indian dance and music. Various foreign language classes are also conducted regularly and there of a no smoking policy on campus.
Various affiliations with foreign universities have led to innovative programs such as
* KMCIC-AUA Medical Twinning Program and the ICAS Engineering Twinning Program
* Manipal University, has courses that cover 12 diverse streams and is India’s first deemed university in the private sector
* Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) in Sikkim is the second university which offers excellent programs in the fields of medicine and engineering
* Distance education programs through Manipal Universal Learning in association with MU and SMU
* Kasturba Medical College is consistently ranked among the top ten medical colleges in India
* It is home to one of the best libraries and also to one of the finest Anatomy Museums in the Asia and it has fully equipped campuses, research centre of national and international repute.
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Manipal University, Manipal