The Department offers postgraduate programmes with a broad conceptual framework so as to enable students to pursue further studies in subjects like literary history, literary theory, comparative literature, textual criticism, philosophy and Indian scientific heritage. Under Calicut university Sanskrit series, the department has so far published 23 books relating to various aspects of indology. The research projects completed by the Department include collection/preservation and cataloging of manuscripts by Prof. M.S. Menon; a study with special reference to Natyasastra and Principles of Literary Criticism in Sanskrit, and a study with special reference to Western Literary Criticism, both by Prof. C. Rajendran and Advaita theory of meaning by Prof. K.N.N. Elayath.
- To provide in-depth knowledge for students in Sanskrit and Indian knowledge systems so as to use them for contemporary purposes
- To carry out research in various aspects of classical traditions
- To disseminate knowledge related to Sanskrit to society through publications, seminars and other programmes
- To facilitate international collaboration with various agencies in indological studies
- Master of Arts (MA Sanskrit)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil Sanskrit)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Sanskrit)
- Literary theory
- Indian philosophy
- Indian scientific traditions
- Comparative poetics
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.