The Department was setup in 1974 to promote higher studies and research in Arabic language and literature in Kerala. To realize this objective, the department offers certificate, diploma, master and doctoral level programmes in Arabic. The effort of its faculty in teaching and research areas has been well recognised. Three of its former faculty members, Prof. S.E.A. Nadvi, Prof. E.K. Ahmed Kutty and Prof. K.V. Veeran Moideen, have been conferred the prestigious Presidents Award for their outstanding contributions to the field of Arabic literature in 1992, 2000, 2004 respectively.
While the post graduate programmes prepare students for academic pursuits, the certificate and diploma courses are designed to equip students to handle Arabic language with ease. On the research front, the Department faculty have completed two major research projects with financial assistance from the UGC and have guided 53 scholars earn their Ph.D degree. A translation bureau has been setup to undertake translation of documents.
- Master of Arts (MA Arabic)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil Arabic)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Arabic)
- Certificate course in spoken Arabic
- DIPLOMA COURSE IN COMMERCIAL ARABIC
- Post Graduate DIPLOMA COURSE IN TRANSLATION AND SECRETARIAL PRACTICE
- Modern Arabic literature
- Modern Arabic literary criticism
- Classic literature and translation
- Modern poetry
- comparative literature
- Palastine literature
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.