The Department started functioning in 1976 with a visiting teacher from the USSR to offer a one-year certificate course in Russian language. Later, following the appointment of regular faculty, the Department launched certificate, diploma, master and doctoral programmes. Since 2001 the Department has been offering a Master’s Programme in Comparative Literature. The course is inter-disciplinary in nature. The Department, since 1987, has been regularly bringing out an annual research journal, The Journal of Russian Literature. The Department has signed an MoU with the Department of Russian, People’s Friendship University, Moscow, for promoting joint academic programmes through exchange of faculty and other reated activities. The teachers of the Department are engaged in research as well as in translation activities. they have published over 40 research papers in reputed journals. The Department has a library of 6500 titles.
- Master of Arts (MA Comparative Literature)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil Comparative Literature)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Comparative Literature)
- Certificate Course in Russian
- Diploma course in Russian
- Advance Diploma in Russian
- Comparative studies of Indian and Western Literatures
- Russian Language and Teaching Methods
- Russian Realistic fiction (19th & 20th C) & Contemporary Russian Literature
- Women's writings in Russian and Indian Literatures
- Literary theories & Translation & Culture Studies
- Scientific & Popular fiction in Indian & Russian Literatures.
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.