We live in a complex world, a world of multitasking, and a world of planning and as a result we each take on complex lives. The more we shift from being to doing, the more our lives take on a complexity that creates disorder, chaos and stress.
As children life was easier, right? I know sometimes it seems that way. But the truth is life still is easy. It always will be. The only difference is we are older, and the older we get, the more we complicate things for ourselves in attempting not to fall.
When we were young we saw the world through simple, hopeful eyes. We knew what we wanted and we had no biases or concealed agendas. We liked people who smiled. We avoided people who frowned. We ate when we were hungry, drank when we were thirsty, and slept when we were tired.
Free flow is the state of living where you have present moment awareness. Every cell within you is engaged in the moment you are living.
There’s nothing wrong with planning your weeks, but don’t let your plan owe you. Make time to enjoy the simple pleasures of the world, for they last longer than the expensive ones.” All work and no play makes jack a dull boy!
Always be moving towards simplicity-keep asking yourself “how can I make my life simpler??
Be wary of anything that comes to your life that makes it complicated-from a difficult relationship to an extra newspaper subscription.
You can turn complexity to simplicity a natural habit, but to do so, special training is required, through use of conscious mind, meditation and other means. Here are a few simple things that can help you:
• Reduce the amount of time you read the newspaper gossip or watch TV.
• Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people.
• Don’t try to read other people’s minds. Don’t make other people try to read yours. Communicate.
• Your health is your life, keep up with it.
• Get up 30 minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush around like a mad person.
• Don't hold grudges. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurts you and causes lack of sleep.
• Don't be jealous of others. Being jealous means that you have low self-esteem and consider yourself inferior to others. This again, causes lack of inner peace.
• Accept what cannot be changed. This saves a lot of time, energy and worries.
• Organize your living space and working space.
• Don’t try to please everyone. Just do what you know is right.
• However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. Accept this simple fact.
• Take help of experts which you are not able to manage.
• Undertake work which you know you will be able to complete. Learn to say no.