The Department of Civil Engineering, one of the youngest members of the Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology, was established in the year 2011 with an aim to provide state of the art education to the students through quality teaching guided by innovative research and consultancy as well as societal needs towards sustainable development. The first batch of graduate course in civil engineering started with fifty six students. Since then the number of students joining the department has increased considerably.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech in Civil Engineering)
- Training on civil engineering softwares like AutoCAD, STAAD PRO., ERDAS IMAGINE, and various open source software.
- QEEE (Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education) classes on different important topics of Civil Engineering conducted by IITs.
- Training/Workshop on GIS and Remote Sensing with QGIS (Open Source) software.
- Colloquium and Symposiums with invited guests.
- Regular Talks and discussion with invited Industry experts.
- Comprehensive survey camps and Geology field trips.
- Various industrial visits.
- Visit to Meteorological Department, Guwahati Airport and Survey of India.
- Industrial Training (summer and winter) programs.
- Guidance for Live Industrial projects.
- Regular job related training and placements activities etc.
- Concrete Technology Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Survey Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Engineering Drawing Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.