Established in 1949, the Department of Politics & Public Administration is one of the oldest departments of the University. After successfully completing the Special Assistance Programme of the UGC for three phases (1991-2007); the UGC recognized the Department as Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) in Indian Politics (2008-2013) and has subsequently granted CAS phase II (2015-2020).
- Master of Arts (MA Political Science)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil Political Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Political Science)
- Studies on the nature of party competition,
- Profile of state level elites,
- Studies to empirically understand the linkages between caste, class and power,
- Politics of the poor- slum dwellers, informal sector workers, urban poor
- Caste-politics interaction in terms of caste occupation linkages and shaping of caste identities.
- Studies in political thinking with reference to tradition-modernity paradigm and issues of religion and caste
- Comparative state politics and public policy in India
- Patterns of migration in South Asia
- Masculinity studies
Department of Politics & Public Administration
Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan,
University of Pune,
Pune - 411 007
Contact No : +91-020-25601308
Fax No : +91-020-25690815
E Mail : [email protected]
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.