Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2019 – CSSS Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2019 – The Central Board of Secondary Education Invites Renewal Application Forms from the eligible applicants who have been granted scholarship under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for the year 2019
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2019
- An official notification has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), calling out for students to make use of the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students (CSSS)
- For all the professional courses, the scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level of that course and for all the other courses, the scholarship will be renewed up to a maximum of five years of that stream.
About CBSE CSSS
- The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of India had introduced “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” in 11 five-year plans while discontinuing all the earlier scholarship schemes
- The Objective of CSSS is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme will be awarded on the basis of the results of senior secondary exams; 82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) will be awarded for graduate/post graduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
- Last Date for Online Registration for Central Sector Scholarship is 15th July to 31st October 2019
- Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Exam in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by AICTE, UGC Act, 1956, MCI/DCI of India and respective regulatory authorities and not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at Postgraduate level. Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Eng. would get scholarship up to graduation level
How to Apply
- Go through the guidelines before filling up online application form for scholarship. The Aspiring applicants satisfying the eligibility criteria in all respect may submit their application form only through online mode
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) must apply online in the National Scholarship Portal scholarships.gov.in for the renewal scholarships
- The Online registration of applications will be made available on National e-Scholarship Portal “scholarships.gov.in” or NSP Andriod App on or before 31st October 2019
- Students who have passed Class XII in the Academic Year 2008-09 to 2014-15 (up to 3rd renewal) are required to obtain the renewal application blank form from the respective State Education Boards & Submit the same duly certified from their respective institutions which is required to certify:
- that the student has secured 60% or more marks in the previous exam,
- that the student has 75% attendance and
- that the student is not involved in any ragging activities
The last date for application is 31st October 2019.
National Scholarship Division, MHRD, Dept. of Higher Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6, R. K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi-110066. Tel No.: 011-26172917, Web. www.scholarships.gov.in