Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 has been launched by the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development. Under this scholarship program, students of the Lakshadweep union territory will be benefited. Students will get monetary help from the government to pursue their education. Below is the article you will get detailed information like application procedure step by step, eligibility details, documents required to submit, benefits of the fellowship, duration of the fellowship, and much other important information.
Education is the fundamental right of the children. Many students are unable to get an education due to their family’s weak financial conditions. Students need monetary help to pursue their studies across the UT. To support such students, the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme. Under the Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme beneficiaries will get monthly scholarships to bear the academic expenses. Interested students may apply for the scholarship through online mode via the NSP portal.
|Course||Scholarship grant||Lumpsum grant |
|Pre-degree course, post metric certificate course, post-matric diploma course, degree course in Arts, Science, Commerce, B.Ed., LLB, etc.||1800||1500|
|Postgraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Law Etc.||2100||1800|
|MBBS, BDS, Engineering degree, MBA, B.V.Sc., B.Sc., Agriculture, etc. ||2100||3600|
|Postgraduate course in medicine, engineering, veterinary science, agriculture, etc., and research study like Ph.D.||3000||9000|
- Students of Lakshadweep studying in mainland for high school course will get Rs. 1200/- per month.
- Students of Lakshadweep studying in mainland for primary school course (I-VIII) will get Rs. 600/- per month.
- Children of Lakshadweep studying in island institute will get
- Secondary school course (VIII to X)- Rs. 200
- PDC-Rs. 450
- Student of Bitra Island- Rs. 450
- Student of JN College staying outside the hostel – Rs. 750
- Student studying in high school staying outside the hostel- Rs. 600
- Pocket money for petty expenses- Rs.50
- Daily allowance- Rs. 50
|Last Date of Application||31st May 2022|
|Defective Verification Last Date||31st May 2022|
|Last Date for Institute Verification||31st May 2022|
- Applicant should be a native of Lakshadweep UT
- Applicant must be studying in class 1st to PhD degree level course
- Annual income of applicant’s family should not more than 2 lakh rupees
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit duly filled and signed application form in the format (available online on the institute website https://lakshadweep.gov.in/service/scholarships/)
The last date for application is 31st May 2022