Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is pleased to announce the ONGC Scholarship 2023 for meritorious SC/ST, OBC, and General Category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical streams, and Master’s Degree programs in Business Administration, Geology, and Geophysics. The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to outstanding students from marginalized sections of society.
Selected students will receive an annual scholarship of INR 48,000 each to assist them in completing their education.
Key Details for ONGC Scholarships 2023:
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Eligible Courses: Engineering, Medical streams, and Master’s Degree programs in Business Administration, Geology, and Geophysics
- Scholarship Amount: INR 48,000 annually
ONGC Scholarship Scheme
- Start Date of ONGC Scholarship Applications: 06th October 2023
- Last Date to Submit ONGC Scholarship Applications: 30th November 2023
- Declaration of Final List of Scholarship Beneficiaries: To be announced
No. of Scholarship Available
- Total number of scholarships Available – 2000
- For SC/ST Students – 1000*
- For OBC Students – 500*
- For General Category Students – 500*
Stream-wise distribution of scholarships
- Engineering – 494 (SC/ST) + 300 (OBC) + 300 (General)
- MBBS – 90 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)
- MBA – 146 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)
- Masters in Geology/Geophysics – 270 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)
*50 % scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- An impressive amount of Rs.4000/- per month, i.e. Rs 48,000/- per annum
- Nationality: Indian
- Category of Students: SC/ ST/OBC and General Categories
- Academic Qualification: Applicant must be a full-time student in the 1st year of Eng /MBBS course or 1st year of MBA / Master in Geology / Geophysics at an AICTE/UGC/MCI/State University/State Education Board/Central University/Central Govt. institution.
- Eng. /MBBS Program: Students must have passed Class 12 exam with minimum 60% marks
- MBA/Masters in Geology /Geophysics: Students must have passed graduation with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA/OGPA on a 10-point scale of the grading system.
Gross Annual Family Income:
- For SC/ST candidates: Less than INR 4.50 Lakh per annum
- Less than INR 2 Lakh per annum from all sources
- Maximum 30 years as on 1st July 2020
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can submit their applications following these steps:
- Download the prescribed Application Format from ONGC’s website at www.ongcindia.com.
- Complete the application, including all required supporting documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Ensure the application is duly certified and forwarded by the Head/Principal/Dean of the respective Institute/College/University.
- Upload the application and documents online, and send the same in hard copies to the designated ONGC office, as per the details provided in the application format.
Selection of candidates will be based on the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In cases where students have equal marks in the qualifying examination, those with lower family income will be given preference.
Preference will be given to students from below the poverty line (BPL) families, and other students will be considered only if a sufficient number of students from BPL families who meet the eligibility criteria are not available.
This scholarship offers a valuable opportunity for deserving students to pursue their education with financial support from ONGC. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to further your academic journey!