Department of Chemistry was Establishment in the year 1964
The Department of Chemistry is leading department on the of Shivaji University campus as teaching and research is concerned. The department has strength of 470 students in various specialization of Chemistry namely Organic, Inorganic, Physical, Analytical, Industrial and Applied chemistry. A Certificate course in Analytical Instrumentation is provided to the P.G. students. The performance of the students in the SET and NET is best in Maharashtra. The employment response is more than 90%. The research work carried in the department is of international status with total number of publications so far are 1400. The faulty of the department are reviewers for the national and international journals. Total number of major research projects completed by the faculty in the department in the last five years is nine and on going projects are nine..
- Development of new methodologies in organic synthesis and development of Green Chemistry concept.
- Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of organometallic compounds. (Schiff’s base metal complexes).
- Smart materials, Nanomaterials and Optoelectronics.
- Separation Science and Analytical applications.
- Supramolecular Chemistry, Molecular Recognition, Catalysis and pervapouration.
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
- Applied Chemistry
Department of Chemistry,
Email: [email protected]
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.