Department of Botany was establishment in 1964
The Shivaji University has signed M.O.U. with Goa University and interaction of faculty members with faculty of Goa University has commenced. The department is performing a colaborative research with Plant tissue Culture Section of B.A.R.C., Mumbai. Many of the faculty members serve as resource persons in their respective subjects in Academic Staff Colleges in other Universities. Department has successfully completed consultancy projects with Oshiwara land Development Co. (Pvt.) Ltd. The department offers help in a) Identification of plants b) Identification of Plant Pasthogens c) Coastal Zone management d) Correction of Physiological disorders in crops and e) Tissue culture technology.
- Photosynthetic carbon metabolism
- Ecophysiology of mangroves
- Conservation Ecology in Coastal ecosystems
- Marine algae
- Fungal Taxonomy and Cytology
- Stress physiology of major crops and weeds
- Biodiversity of Western ghats
- Cytological and cultural studies of medicinal plants
- Fossil flora of Gondwana Land.
- Coastal Bioresources
Contact Person :
Dept. of Botany,
Email: - [email protected]
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.