Rhodes Scholarship Program 2022 for India, Eligibility, Application Dates
The Rhodes Scholarship programme is the oldest (established 1903) international scholarship programme in the world, andone of the most prestigious.
Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers 100 fully-fundedScholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leadinguniversities. Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engagewith global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leadersfor the world’s future
- Applications must be submitted online by 02nd August, 2021
- Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of India, holding an Indian passport, or equivalent proof of citizenship;
- PIO or OCI card holders do not satisfy the Indian citizenship criteria for this purpose.
- Education/residency: You must have undertaken formal study at an educational institution in India for a minimum of 4 of the last 10 years, and have either (i) completed a school leaving exam (10th or 12th standard or equivalent) at a school in India, or (ii) have received, or be in the final year of, an undergraduate degree at a university in India.
- Age: You must meet either of the below criteria:
- Upon 1 October 2021, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2003).
- OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- Upon 1 October 2021, you must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1994)
- AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2020
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction
- The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymised format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2020; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply Online only
The last date for application is 02nd August, 2021