The department of Economics aims to equip students with suitable quantitative and analytical skills to enable them to successfully handle the complex economic challenges of the modern global world. Specially designed courses have been developed to sensitize students to the ethical and human dimensions of Economics. The fine element of this design is to strike a balance between a rigorous training that has been made essential to acquire adequate skills in the use of computer software and large scale databases to arrive at scientifically correct solutions and promoting deep understanding of theories, providing a wide-view of Economics as a “Social Science”.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Economics)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Economics)
- Master of Arts (MA Economics)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil Economics)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Economics)
Two research papers were published in this thrust area of research during the last academic year. One student has done their dissertations in the areas of growth of the coal sector in India.
- Prof. B C Sutradhar, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Dr. Vandana Jowheer, University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- Prof. Madhusudhan Mohanty, California State University, USA
Stay connected with us on
Subscribe to get alerts regularly in your inbox. You can cancel your subscriptions any time.