|City||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|Phone||022-25537110 & 022-25531396|
|[email protected] , [email protected]|
|Admission through||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Affiliations / Important Links:||Vivekanand Education Societys(VES), Mumbai |
All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai was established in the year 1994, Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai is affiliated to University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Late Shri Hashu Advani, an intellectual educationist who believed in inculcating high moral values in the younger generation, established Vivekanand Education Society (VES) in 1964. With 22 well-established institutions in its fold, it provides a gamut of academic programmes from pre-primary to the professional level. With a mission to provide excellence in professional management education, Institute of Management Studies and Research was established in 1994. Approved by AICTE, it offers a two-year full-time postgraduate course leading to the MMS (Master of Management Studies) degree of the University of Mumbai. The Institute provides lecture halls well equipped with modern audio-visual aids, Library well stocked with books, journals and periodicals and well-equipped Computer Lab with latest software and hardware together with Internet facility.
The Institute provides an environment where faculties constantly engage themselves in creating innovative teaching methodologies, involving the students in real life work environment and encouraging them to develop their potential to face the business challenges lying ahead. The Institute is also contemplating starting part-time diploma courses in the evening for working executives and short period certificate courses for executives in SSIs, Foreign Exchange Risk Management and Treasury Management, Communication and presentation Skills, Negotiating Skills and Leadership Qualities. A special course is being designed for Banking and Insurance Sector.
Telephone: 022-25537110 & 022-25531396
Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Executive-PGDM is a 16 months programme (16 months classroom teaching + 3 months field based training / project work) for working professionals who want to upgrade their qualification and skills and move up the corporate ladder. This Executive program helps in developing all the aspects of an individual that are required to gain that extra edge in the corporate world.
Academic session starts from July 2011
* Bachelor`s Degree in any discipline from a recognised university (UGC Approved).
* Minimum 5 years Work Experience (After Graduation).
* 50% minimum in graduation.
Students can collect the required information of the course by phone or in person by contacting our Admissions Incharge. After the counselling, Personal Interview date is scheduled with the Director and through this interview student is selected for the desired program. An Application Form (Costing Rs. 1000/- payable in cash/DD) is to be purchased and shall be submitted to the Institute office along with the following documents:
List of Documents to be attached with the Application Form
* Photocopies of Mark-Sheets & Passing Certificates of Xth, XIIth & Degree.
* Previous employment letters (Experience Certificate) and current appointment letter with salary slip.
* Recent colour photographs 3 passport sizes.
* Residence proof.
* Original marksheets and certificates shall be produced only for verification.
Date of Commencement of Admissions: 01/04/2011
Last Date for Admission: This date shall be declared by DTE in their notifications / circular / As per AICTE directions.
VESIMSR focuses on continuous assessment of students based on class participation, assignments, case studies and presentations etc. Students enrolled for the program have to pass a written examination conducted by the Institute at the end of each term over and above the evaluation mentioned above. Successful students shall be awarded the Diploma.
Flexible mode of fees payment
After the selection process selected students have to pay the prescribed Tuition fees. There are two modes of fees payment, student can pay one time or in agreed instalments. However, it should be before the start of the term as then only student shall be permitted to attend the lectures. Students going for installment mode of payment should submit post dated cheques before the sessions begin. Fees shall be paid by DD / PO in favour of VESIMSR payable at Mumbai.
Course Duration and Fee
The duration of course is 16 months and the entire Course Fee is Rs.1, 60,000/- Fees is not refundable.
Highlights of the Program
* ISO 9001:2008 certified Management Institute.
* ‘A’ Grade Institute Awarded by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra state.
* State of the art Computer Lab with latest softwares, hardware & internet facility.
* Air-conditioned classrooms with LCD projectors & sound systems.
* A well-equipped and Air-conditioned Auditorium.
* CEO lecture series.
* Excellent Industry and Institute interface.
* In house Soft skill training.
* In house Ph.d. centre & continuous live Research Projects & Activities.
* Digital online library with Journals & 1100 case studies & archives.
* Case study & simulation oriented pedagogy.
* Nationally & internationally reputed faculties.
* Scope for National & International visit & Training Programs at extra cost.
* Placement support provided / Career Advancement opportunity.
* Qualified & well experienced Faculty as per AICTE norms.
For Queries regarding admission please Contact
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
PGDM is a two-year, full time program with Dual specializations in Finance, Operations, Marketing and Human Resource management .With this students gets an advantage of developing his/ her expertise in more than one field and thus increase his/ her scope of getting that coveted job which will help him/ her climb the corporate ladder.
* Candidate should have a bachelor degree from a recognized University in India.
* In order to secure admission to first year of Two years Full time PGDM Course, the candidate should have appeared for CET / CAT/ MAT or any equivalent examination.
* GD / PI will be conducted by the institute.
Academic session shall be from June 1st 2011 to May 31st 2013.
VESIMSR also provides separate Hostel Facility for Girls and Boys.
Differentiation by Value Addition
VESIMSR offers value added courses for the overall development of students.
Uniqueness about our PGDM
* Dual Specialization
* Focus on Indian Management
* CEO Lecture Series
* Strong Institute Industry Interface
* Live Projects
* 100% Placement Assistance (100% Placement in Academic Year 2008-2010)
* Teaching of Foreign languages like Spanish & Mandarin
* Physical & Mental Stress Management through Yoga
* EBSCO – Digital Library with access to
Industry oriented Value Added Courses
* Spread sheet Analysis, six Sigma, SPSS, ISO 9001: 2000
* International Financing Standards
* Project management
* Equity Research, Derivatives & Commodity Markets
* Basket of Soft Skills Development Programmes like Stress Management, Personality Development programmes, Interview Techniques, Verbal & Non Verbal communication
* Multi Cultural Learning Programmes
* Industry Oriented Practical Training
* Programmes with Industry Stalwarts.
* Export & Import Regulations
* Forensic Accounting Audit
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION FORM
The copies of the following documents should be enclosed along with the application at the time of Submission of application:
* One Photograph of the applicant.
* Xerox attested of the CET / CAT/MAT or Equivalent score card.
* Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra State (if applicable).
Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai is affiliated to University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai is affiliated to University of Mumbai, Mumbai. Browse University of Mumbai, Mumbai Time Tables
List of facilities available at Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai for students.
Vivekanand Education Societys Institute Of Management Studies And Research VESIMSR, Mumbai