Central Universities Common Entrance Test commonly known as CUCET is conducted for admission to Integrated / Under-graduate, Post-graduate and Research Programmes in Centres Universities. Ten Central Universities (Bihar, Gujarat, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Kerala, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu) have joined hands and institutionalised "Central Universities Common Entrance Test" (CUCET). Thus, one single application and entrance test (CUCET) provides opportunities for admission in Ten Central Universities located nationwide.
CUCET National Security Studies Syllabus
Test Paper Code: PGQP42
National Security Studies
- General Knowledge/current events.
- National Security organisations in India: Indian Armed Forces and Paramilitary Forces
- Challenges to security: Global, Regional, National and internal level Issues. (Political, Economic, Social, and other dimensions like Terrorism, Insurgency, etc).
- India’s History, Geography, economics, policies, science & technology and basic computer knowledge.
- Research Aptitude
- Basic Research Methodology
- India’s Foreign Policy, Defence and Security Policies
- Defence organisations in India: Higher Defence Organisation in India, National Security Council, Indian Armed Forces and Paramilitary and Civil defence, Intelligence Agencies.
- Challenges to security: Human Security, National, Sub-Regional, Regional and International Level.
- Concepts of security Traditional and Non-Traditional Security Concern (Comprehensive Security)
- Economic, Science and Technology and National Security.