Follow to get latest updates in your inbox as soon as they happen.
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building. National Board of Examinations conducts entry and exit examinations at Postgraduate, Post Doctoral level and licensing examinations as Screening Test for Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualifications The National Board of Examination has been notified by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India to conduct a competitive entrance examination on All-India Basis for admission to All India 50% quota MD/MS/Diploma Seats (except for colleges located in Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh).
AIPGMEE 2017 is a National level Exam conducting by National Board of Examinations (NBE) for the admissions to 50% All India Quota MD/MS/Diploma seats in various medical government institutes in India except from the zones such as Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir. In a year of AIPGMEE test, around 1 Lac candidates are applying for 5500 MD/MS/Diploma seats in various govt. medical institutes of India. Check here, the details such as AIPGMEE 2017 eligibility, exam date, notification and application form.
|Availability of Information Bulletin||Online Registration for AIPGMEE 2017||Examination Dates for AIPGMEE 2017||Declaration of Results|
|3rd week of September 2016||4th week of October 2016||1st/2nd week of December 2016||2nd week of January 2017|
- As per records, the applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- A candidate, who holds M.B.B.S. degree from a recognized medical college or a foreign medical degree included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and who has obtained full registration either from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible to take this examination.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota.
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director(Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029.
- The candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from the Medical Colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India shall not be eligible for this exam.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date in the online application system shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted College.
Three years from the date of admission. Candidates are eligible for admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
Two years from the date of admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
The scheme for selection of candidates for admission to All India 50% quota MD/MS/Diploma Seats-2017 Admission Session shall be applicable to all Medical Colleges/Institutions throughout the country and no Medical College/Institution shall hereafter conduct competitive entrance examination of its own for these seats on all-India basis, except the States of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh which have been excluded by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide their judgement. Therefore, the students having passed their MBBS examination from any Institution in these two States shall not be eligible to participate in the 50% All India Competitive Entrance Examination for selection of candidates against these seats.
As per the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated 31.1.2007 in Writ Petition (Civil) No(s) 138 of 2006 in the matter of Abhay Nath & ORS vs University of Delhi & ORS there is 15% reservation for SC candidates and 7.5% reservation for ST candidates, in 50% All India Quota for MD/MS/Diploma seats from academic year 2007-08 on the basis of 3200 point Reservation Roster.
Registration Fee for AIPGMEE Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates) Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)
The prescribed registration fee of Rs. 2750/- (for SC/ST/PWD/(PH) candidates) and Rs. 3750/- (for General/OBC candidates) should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet banking. For more information, please visit the website www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE. There is no Counseling Fee for the participation in the counseling for All India 50% Quota MD/MS/Diploma seats.
|S. No||City||S. No||City|
Candidates will be able to schedule their exams based on the availability of test centre on the date, time and venue of their choice. No request for change in date/ centre/session shall be entertained.
The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network.
The exam comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
The weightage of MCQ’s in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its right to alter/vary/amend the same.
Negative marking:There shall be no negative marking
Subject-Wise Distribution Of Questions For Aipgmee 2016
|SL. NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS (IN NUMBERS)|
|8||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENERELOGY||37|
|10||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANESTHESIA||46|
|11||RADIODIAGNOSIS AND RADIOTHERAPY||12|
|12||OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||25|
The exam duration is 3 hours and 30 Minutes and will be conducted in a single section. There will also be an additional 15-minute tutorial prior to the start of the exam. Candidates will also need to accept a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before beginning the exam.
- There will be a total of 300 questions.
- Candidates will have the option to navigate between the questions via the Review Screen.
- Candidates are advised to make use of the Demo exam on the AIPGMEE website www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE to familiarise themselves with the navigation and functionality of the actual exam.
- A 15-minute tutorial will also be available prior to the start of the actual exam.
- The exam will only contain multiple choice questions, each with four (4) options and only one (1) correct response.
The candidates who have successfully registered for AIPGMEE 2017 will receive Admit card from its official website. The admit card is offered by Controller of the examination for the candidates who were successfully applied for the exam. The examination authority send an SMS alert to the registered mobile of the candidate, once after the admit card issued.
It is expecting the release of AIPGMEE 2017 on February 2017. The candidates who scored qualifying marks will call for a counseling secession organized by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) and Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). The qualifying score needed in each category is given as below.
|Candidate’s Category||AIPGMEE 2017 Qualifying Score|
|Persons with Disability||45%|
National Board Of Examinations (NBE)
Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
Candidate Helpline: 1800 11 1700 (Toll Free) or 0124-6771700
(Monday to Friday: 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs)