|City||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta, Kolkata|
|Address|| Institute of Education for Women Kolkata|
20B, Judges Court Road,
Kolkata - 700 027
Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata was established in the year 1954, Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata
The concept of Teacher Education in the country is gradually taking a different shape with the changing scenario of the society. Dynamism is invited in teaching. The lifeless unmoved system is expected to be transformed into functionally vital, living, innovative and powerful teacher development system by incorporating both knowledge and technologies.
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION FOR WOMEN, HASTINGS HOUSE is a Teacher Education Institute of West Bengal, dedicated to modernization of teacher education through quality improvement of Pre-service and In-service teacher training programmes.The institute was established in the year 1954. It is a Government Institution, only for women. It is affiliated to University of Calcutta for B-ed course. National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) has given recognition in the year 2000.Established in 1954, Institute of Education for Women is located in Kolkata (West Bengal). The college is one among the prominent women colleges in the city, offering courses in the field of teaching. Institute of Education for Women Hastings House (CTE) is affiliated to University of Calcutta and recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Well qualified and competent lecturers are associated with the institute. Institute of Education for Women Kolkata has state-of-the-art facilities in its campus.
The institute is housed in Hastings’ House, Alipore. Hastings’ House was the country house of Lord Warren Hastings, who was appointed as the Governor of Bengal in 1772. He ruled over our country for about fourteen years from 1772 to 1785. This house was built in 1775 A.D. by Lord Hastings with a view to spend a few days amidst peace and tranquility of nature. As one can still now find this magnificent building with its vast idyllic surroundings as a masterpiece of architectural grandeur and natural beauty. The present library room was the Dancing Hall, the canteen was the kitchen. The wooden stairs lead to the upper floor and the terrace.Long after the period of Lord Warren Hastings this favourite resting place of his was converted into a public school. Thereafter it was the official residence of the Resident of the Eastern States of India. After Independence it housed the Post-Graduate Basic Training College in 1948. Subsequently in 1951 the building came to be used as the Women’s section of David Hare Training College, the renowned institution for the training of teachers of the Secondary Institutions of West Bengal. As the number of women trainee teachers increased to a large number, the women branch of David Hare Training College was established as a separate Women Institution in the year 1954 and the Institution was established in the year 1954.
It is a Goverment Institution, only for Women. It is offiliated to University of Calcutta for B,Ed and M.Ed course. It is recoguezed by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). It is upgraded as College of Teacher Education (CTE).
Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata. Browse University of Calcutta, Kolkata Time Tables
List of facilities available at Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata for students.
Institute of Education For Women, Kolkata