Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai

 
Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai
City Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Address


Dhanraj Baid Jain College
Jyothi Nagar,
Okkiyam Thorappakkam,
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
Phone +91 44 2496 0889
Website Visit Website

Admission Notices

    In seeking to fulfill the above stressed objectives, The Dhanraj Baid Jain College, an offshoot of TEAM Trust was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Thiru. M.Karunanidhi on the 30th June, 1972 at Mahalingapuram in Kodambakkam. Later the college was housed in a mammoth building with an expansive 42 acres campus in Jyothi Nagar, Okkiyam Thorappakkam, Chennai – 97. The foundation stone for the new college building was laid by the Governor of Tamil Nadu Shri.K.K.Shah on the 4th May 1974. Then the Education Minister Shri.V.R.Nedunchezian was the special invitee. Its cardinal objectives were to introduce and popularise high quality Commerce-oriented education. To look after the affairs and administration of these educational institutions, an exclusive Management Committee was constituted comprising men of proven métier who were also known to cherish noble ideals and pursue them with heroic resolution.

    The College is situated in a sprawling campus, some distance away from the seashore. The same place was, some three decades ago, a sleeping village, devoid of any facility. Today it is abuzz with intense activities, thanks to the pioneering effort of TEAM Trust in founding the institution in this remote part away from the Metropolis. An all-round development in and around the College has taken place, which incredibly transformed totally the landscape, in the last thirty years. The place is at present crowded by industrial houses; it has the pride of having the Tidel Park (Software corridors) and a string of business houses engaged in giving accent to Information Technology. A well laid out Highways Road links all the places and serves as arterial road.

    Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.

    Bachelors Degree Courses

    Bachelor of Arts (BA Economics)

    Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai offers 3 Years Full Time Bachelors Degree in B.A Economics Course (B.A Economics)

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Science (BSc Information Technology)

    Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai offers 3 Years Full Time Bachelors Degree in B.Sc Information Technology

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)

    Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai offers Full Time Bachelors Degree in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Computer application (BCA)

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    * 31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    * 30% for backward classes.
    * 20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    * 18% for scheduled caste.
    * 1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Science (BSc Computer Science)

    Department - Computer Science:

    Activities:

    Thiru.P.V.Kumaraguru, Head of MCA Department participated in a National Meet on “Geographical Information System” on 14 th Feb 2007 at Velammal College of Management and computer studies.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Commerce (BCom Corporate Secretaryship)

    Department - Corporate Secretaryship:

    Activities:

    Dr.Sakthivel Murugan, Reader and Head of the Department of Corporate Secretaryship has published a Research paper on "Life style and its Influence on Brand Choice Behaviour” to the ICF Alian Journal of Management. He has also written on the topic of “Career Care for Women in Business Line on 24th November 2006. Apart from this he has attended the following seminars:

    Chartered Accountants Custodians of public interest, National seminar on Tax Avoidance and Economic Development, October 6 to 8, 2006, Department of accountancy business statistic – Bhupal Nobles P.G.College, Udaipur, Rajasthan.313002.

    Life Style Analysis is a tool for understanding buyer’s behaviour, AIMA E Journals of Research and Management.

    A Research projects titled “Corporate Government in Banking and financial sector in India” has been completed and submitted to ICCSSR, New Delhi.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)

    Department - Commerce:

    Activities:

    Dr.K.Sankaran, Reader, Department of Commerce, D.B.Jain College has been a member of the P.O.Board of studies in commerce for 3 years in the university of Madras.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, Dept. of Commerce as a member of the UG for three years by the University of Madras.

    Prof. R.Vijayaraghavan, has submitted his doctoral thesis on “Relationship Marketing", a study based on the perceptions of selected airline passengers of India, for the Ph.D degree in Commerce.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, was entrusted with the work of publishing =2 commerce lessons in website as per the Tamil Nadu Government Education Department orders.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Bachelor of Science (BSc Mathematics)

    Department - Mathematics:
    Activities:

    Association Meeting:
    The inaugural meeting of our Mathematics Association was held on 21st September 2006. Dr.Thangaraj, M.Sc., Ph.D., of mathematics, Ramanujam Institute for Advanced Studies in Maths, University of Madras delivered the inaugural address. He spoke on the significance of geometry.
    Ramanujam Day:

    On 26.12.2006 Ramanujam Day was celebrated by Mathematics Department. Dr.J.Pandian Arragam, M.Sc., Ph.D., Prof. of Mathematics, Madras IIT delivered the keynote address on “Artificial Intelligence” was well taken by our students with enthusiasm.
    The valedictory function was held on 8.2.2007, Prof.T.S.Deenadayalan, M.Com. M.Phil. of Commerce Department addressed the gathering. He gave an eminent lectures on computers, Internet Technology and its applications. The students participated with much interest on internet technology and applications.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Bachelors Degree

    Masters Degree Courses

    Master of Arts (MA Economics)

    Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai offers 2 Years Full Time Masters Degree in M.A Economics

    View Details Duration: 2 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Master of Science (MSc Information Technology)

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 2 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Master of Computer Applications (MCA)

    Department - M.C.A:

    The M.C.A. Department was started in the year 1999 with the support of the Management and the staff of the D.B.Jain College. The M.C.A. was started after getting the approval from AICTE and affiliation from the University of Madras. The sanctioned strength of the students initially was 30, which was later increased to 60 students from the academic year 2002-2003 onwards.
    Vission Statement:

    Transformation of Human mind and creation of a new culture that has a patience for rules, laws, code of conduct, moral values, natural courtesies and human dignity.
    Mission Statement:

    To in still an everlasting urge in the students to learn and think clearly and objectively, to develop energy and vitality to them and enable them to perform effectively to bring peace and prosperity in the society.
    Objectives:

    Offering educational services in the field of Arts, Science and Commerce, providing Quality Education to the society in general and Jain Community in particular.

    Research and Development Center:

    The Research wing includes senior guides, who have produced many Ph.D's in Commerce. Presently our Commerce department is recognized to guide scholars towards their M.Phil., and Ph.D., degree both full time and part time. The Department of Corporate Secretaryship has also been approved by the University of Madras to offer full time Ph.D., Programme.

    Infrastructure:

    Ventilated & spacious class rooms, well furnished staff rooms with intercom, canteen, rest rooms, labs and library are located in the huge imposing central building in the campus..

    Faculty:

    Consistent with the high standard of excellence is aimed by the institution. The College comprises a team of highly qualified faculty who have a proven record of meritorious accomplishments of their credit. We have many Doctorates specialized in various disciplines who have extensive teaching experience.

    Computer Lab

    Ventilated & spacious class rooms, well furnished staff rooms with intercom, canteen, rest rooms, labs and library are located in the huge imposing central building in the campus..

    Library

    An expansive library is available conforming to the growing needs of the students with a collection of over 27000 books and 41 magazines. A spacious reading room and special enclosures with audio-video electronic systems, separate conclaves for internet connectivity and photocopying are available.

    Microprocessor lab:

    Well equipped Microprocessor and Digital Lab is provided.

    Seminar hall:

    Air-conditioned Seminar Hall with 250 seating capacity and all other associated facilities which include public – address systems and projection facilities is available in the MCA Block.

    Amenities:

    Well furnished and ventilated class rooms, staff rooms and common rooms.

    Special features:

    Eight qualified and experienced Professors guide the students in their curricular and extra – curricular activities.
    Regular career guidance is given to the students by the members of the staff.
    Weekly Seminar by illustrious persons from the Computer and other Industries conducted to expand the horizon of knowledge; gradation of skills and attitude of the students.

    Achievements:

    100% result has been achieved by the Department ever since its inception.
    The students have brought laurels and honours by winning Rolling Shields by their performance in various inter State level Symposio.
    Fortnightly placement news letter is prepared by the Department and sent to all the present and old students by E-Mail services.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Master of Philosophy (MPhil Commerce)

    Department - Commerce:

    Activities:

    Dr.K.Sankaran, Reader, Department of Commerce, D.B.Jain College has been a member of the P.O.Board of studies in commerce for 3 years in the university of Madras.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, Dept. of Commerce as a member of the UG for three years by the University of Madras.

    Prof. R.Vijayaraghavan, has submitted his doctoral thesis on “Relationship Marketing", a study based on the perceptions of selected airline passengers of India, for the Ph.D degree in Commerce.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, was entrusted with the work of publishing =2 commerce lessons in website as per the Tamil Nadu Government Education Department orders.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 1 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Master of Commerce (MCom)

    Department - Commerce:

    Activities:

    Dr.K.Sankaran, Reader, Department of Commerce, D.B.Jain College has been a member of the P.O.Board of studies in commerce for 3 years in the university of Madras.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, Dept. of Commerce as a member of the UG for three years by the University of Madras.

    Prof. R.Vijayaraghavan, has submitted his doctoral thesis on “Relationship Marketing", a study based on the perceptions of selected airline passengers of India, for the Ph.D degree in Commerce.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, was entrusted with the work of publishing =2 commerce lessons in website as per the Tamil Nadu Government Education Department orders.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 2 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Master of Science (MSc Mathematics)

    Department - Mathematics:

    Activities:

    Association Meeting:
    The inaugural meeting of our Mathematics Association was held on 21st September 2006. Dr.Thangaraj, M.Sc., Ph.D., of mathematics, Ramanujam Institute for Advanced Studies in Maths, University of Madras delivered the inaugural address. He spoke on the significance of geometry.
    Ramanujam Day:

    On 26.12.2006 Ramanujam Day was celebrated by Mathematics Department. Dr.J.Pandian Arragam, M.Sc., Ph.D., Prof. of Mathematics, Madras IIT delivered the keynote address on “Artificial Intelligence” was well taken by our students with enthusiasm.
    The valedictory function was held on 8.2.2007, Prof.T.S.Deenadayalan, M.Com. M.Phil. of Commerce Department addressed the gathering. He gave an eminent lectures on computers, Internet Technology and its applications. The students participated with much interest on internet technology and applications.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 2 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Masters Degree

    Doctoral / PhD Programs Courses

    Doctor of Philosophy (PhD Commerce)

    Department - Commerce:

    Activities:

    Dr.K.Sankaran, Reader, Department of Commerce, D.B.Jain College has been a member of the P.O.Board of studies in commerce for 3 years in the university of Madras.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, Dept. of Commerce as a member of the UG for three years by the University of Madras.

    Prof. R.Vijayaraghavan, has submitted his doctoral thesis on “Relationship Marketing", a study based on the perceptions of selected airline passengers of India, for the Ph.D degree in Commerce.

    Prof. A.Balagangadaran, was entrusted with the work of publishing =2 commerce lessons in website as per the Tamil Nadu Government Education Department orders.

    Students are selected strictly adhering to the norms prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Special reservation is extended to physically handicapped students and children of ex-servicemen.

    The guideline issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu for Admission to P.G and U.G courses (a copy of which is enclosed) reads as follows.

    10% of the seats are reserved for management Quota. The remaining 90% of the seats are filled up as follows.

    31% of the remaining seats for open competition
    30% for backward classes.
    20% for most backward classes and denotified communities.
    18% for scheduled caste.
    1% for scheduled tribe.

    Out of the quota of 19% reserved for SC/ST, 3 shall be reserved for Physically handicapped persons belonging to SC/ST.

    Out of the quota for 50% reserved for Backward classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities, 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped belonging to BC, MBC and DNC

    Out of the quota of 31% for open competition 3 shall be reserved for physically handicapped persons in general.

    Six seats in Under Graduate courses shall be reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Two seats in P.G. reserved for children of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin.

    Weightage is given to local students and students having certificates in N.C.C. and participation in state level sports as per DCE guide lines.

    All eligible applications are ranked as per marks in the subjects required for the course, the candidates applied for. Due weightage (2 for major and 1 each for 2 allied subjects) is given and the weighted mean is calculated and ranked accordingly. Admissions are done purely on the basis of this rank list.

    On the date of the admission, the candidate is interviewed by a committee consisting of the Head of Department and two senior Professors, in order to check the knowledge and skills of the candidate, the financial and educational background of his family, his interests in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, his deficiency and the need for corrective measures are assessed and noted.

    View Details Duration: 3 Years    Learning Mode: Full Time    Course Level: Doctoral / PhD Programs
     
    Publish Your Event Add an event or your college festivals to IndCareer.com. It's quick and free!
     
     

    List of facilities available at Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai for students.

    • wifi
    • Library
    • Sports
    • Transportation
    • Hostels
    • Healthcare
    • Internet
    • Cafeteria
    • Computer Labs
     
       
         

        Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai

        Alumni
        Generations of past students, both male and female, are proud to be known and enjoy maintaining their connection with the college and each other. Please write to [email protected] with link of existing almuni group, or request for creation of group.