|City||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Affiliated to||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur|
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur was established in the year 1921, Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
A NGO, Non Profit Social Organization Matru Sewa Sangh Founded in 1921 by Late Padmshri Kamalatai Hospet (1896-1981) and co-founder Venutai Nene (1896-1973), the Matru Seva Sangh is not merely an organisation but a culture. Its history is a saga of confronting adversity with courage, converting challenges into opportunities and serving people with love, dedication and discipline. The Matru Sewa Sangh stands tall on the NGO skyline of Central India. It has acquired its stature through its outstanding record of devoted and distinguished service to society. One maternity home gradually became a chain of maternity homes in the region and while retaining its focus on service to women and children, the Matru Sewa Sangh, over the years, has added a wide variety of other services to its ambit of work. The following profile is illustrative of the scope of its work.
Institute of Social Work
Institute of social work was started in 1958. Affiliated to the Nagpur University, imparts education for certificate course of two years, a three year Bachelors degreee course and the Master degree course in Social Work. M.Phil course also sanctioned. Activities - It conducts 1. National adult education programmed in the urban slums of Nagpur. 2. School social work services promotion programme. 3. Slum community development centres. 4. Social development project in rural areas.
The beginnings of the Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work can be traced back to the year 1921 when the Late Padmashree Kamalatai Hospet founded Matru Sewa Sangh (MSS) in the city of Nagpur, Witnessing the abysmal facilities for pregnant Indian women, Kamalatai, widowed at the age of 15, set up maternity homes in Central Provinces and Berar. Her work, and more so her nature attracted some remarkable individuals who engaged their life expanding the domain of MSS. One such person was Dr. (Ms.) Satyabala Tayal. She had walked miles in the scorching sun of Hissar (Haryana) as a Bhoodan worker - a contribution acknowledged in the form of a 'Praman Patra' (1957) by the Government of Punjab. Drawn to MSS by its unique ‘all - women run’ organisational structure; and on advice from Kamalatai, Satyabala came to Nagpur in 1956. Observing the growing activities of MSS and the shortage of trained human power, she decided on a "School of Social Work for Women"
The 'School' began with seven students and a room in the MSS premises, offering a Certificate Course in Social work. It evolved with a coherent perspective; from a Certificate course in Social Work to a Bachelor's course, and subsequently the Masters and M.Phil, courses. To strengthen the academic programmes, the Institute pioneered field action projects in hospital and community settings for orphan children, women in distress, low -income families and drug addicts. In the last decade, the Institute has been offering its expertise in the areas of evaluation, monitoring and research to governmental and nongovernmental organisations. The Government of Maharashtra honoured Dr. Satyabala Tayal with the 'Savitribai Phule Award’ in 1990. Nourished by the liberal tradition and social reform orientation of the MSS, the Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work continues to grow contributing its efforts in the making of a modern India.
The College gate decorated during the inaugural function of the GOLDEN JUBILEE Celebrations, 8th January 2007
* The MSS Institute of Social Work seeks to provide the highest quality of social work education to prepare committed professional social workers.
* It offers opportunities for teaching-learning through theory, practicum, research, field action and extension projects in the context of the prevailing social, cultural, economic and political realities of our country.
* Being a pioneering institute of social work education of this region, it sets standards for working with individuals, groups, communities and organizations in order to attain equality, equity, social justice, secularism and freedom, so that, all forms of discrimination and exploitation in the society can be eliminated.
* The MSS Institute of Social Work aspires to become a preeminent abode of knowledge, that is robust, committed, futuristic and people centered, and that addresses the complexities of human conditions.
* Imparting of professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for building a democratic society that is emancipated, enlightened and empowered.
* To develop a cadre of professionals who will strive towards building a society that is inclusive, free from exploitation and who will be sensitive to the emerging challenges at the local, regional, national and global level.
Matru Sewa Sangh
North Abazari Road
Office: 91- 712- 2523596
Maternity Home: 91- 712- 252393
Fax: 91- 712- 2234939
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur offers 2 Years Full Time Masters Degree in Phil M.Phil Social WorkDuration: 2 Years Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Masters Degree View Details
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur offers 2 Years Full Time Masters Degree in Master of Social Work (MSW)Duration: 2 Years Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Masters Degree View Details
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur.
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. Browse Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur Time Tables
List of facilities available at Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur for students.
Mathur Seva Sangh Womens College Of Social science, Nagpur