- 1 College Of Physiotherapy And Medical Sciences, Guwahati
- 2 About Physiotherapy
- 3 ADMISSION
- 4 Courses
- 5 Courses, Eligibility, Fee:
- 6 PEWS Group of Institutions Admission:
- 7 PEWS Group of Institutions Placement
- 8 PEWS Group of Institutions Facilities
College of Physiotherapy and Medical Sciences, the 1st physiotherapy institute in North East in North East india to be recognized by Indian Association of Physiotherapists. College of Physiotherapy and Medical Sciences is the first unit regular branch to be established under “PEWS GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS”IN THE YEAR 2005. It was earlier affiliated to SNDT Women’s University and later from 2010 affiliated to Gauhati University.The college offers both Under Graduate course in Physiotherapy (BPT) and Post Graduate course (MPT) with 4 areas of specialization i.e Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy, Neurological and Psychosomatic disorders, Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy and Community based rehabilitation. The four pillars which holds the departments high in the college are Knowledge, Discipline, Respect and Punctuality. Here we not only train the students to inculcate highly competent knowledge and skills necessary for the professional development but also encourage and motivate them to reach to their full potentials in all possible constructive ways so that they are industry ready both professionally and personally.
College Of Physiotherapy And Medical Sciences, Guwahati
College Of Physiotherapy And Medical Sciences, Guwahati Overview
|Guwahati , Assam, India
|INC, SNC & IAP, Govt. of India
|Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS), Guwahati, Assam
|Bonda, Amgaon, Guwahati – 781026, Assam
|88110 99994, 98640 91758, 98640 31785, 98640 16245
Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy was introduced in India in the year 1952. This healthcare profession is one of the most popular and primary requisite of well being. Although it has been more than five decades since its introduction in our country, the awareness is gradual and in recent years there has been a tremendous growth in the scope of physiotherapy. The profession has immense potential for development in the coming years.
For each Program, the list of Selected Candidates will be formally announced on the notice boards of the institutions and on the Society’s main notice board. The list will be posted in order of merit. Additionally, each of the chosen candidates will receive a letter asking them to appear in person for counselling and admission on a particular date with the appropriate price.
Candidates who do not appear on the designated date in person or through a lawfully authorised representative and who do not pay the full amount of fees within the allotted time will be regarded to have waived their right to admission. The Waiting List will be offered the available seats in order of merit when they become available.
MPT – Specialization: Musculoskeletal and Sports, Neurological and Psycho-somatic Disorders, Cardio-Respiratory Disorders, Community-based Rehabilitation.
BPT – Specialization: Physiotherapy
BMLT – LE – Specialization: Medical Laboratory Technology (LATERAL ENTRY)
Courses, Eligibility, Fee:
|Fees Per Annum
|50% Marks in BPT
|4.5 YEARS (WITH INTERNSHIP)
|(10+2 Sc.) with 45% marks in PCB.
|BPT – LE
|3.5 YEARS (WITH INTERNSHIP)
|DPT with 50%
PEWS Group of Institutions Admission:
Admission to courses at PEWS is based on merit.
How to Apply?
● Collect the Prospectus and Admission Form from the college office on payment of INR 1000. (OR)
Download the Application form from the official website of the institute.
● Fill in the registration form and submit it to the college personally or by registered post.
● Candidates will be issued money receipts after scrutiny of the application.
● Visit the official website.
● Go to the “Admission tab”.
● Click “Apply Online”.
● Submit the application form after filling in the details and attaching the necessary files.
PEWS Group of Institutions Placement
PEWS placement cell has successfully placed students in nationally acclaimed
hospitals. Many leading hospitals of international standards have visited PEWS for
recruitment drives. Some of the hospitals that have visited PEWS is mentioned below:
- Tripura Medical College, Agartala
- NEIGHRIMS Shillong Meghalaya
- NRHM Assam
- GMCH Guwahati
- Diphu Medical College and Hospital, Assam
- Jorhat Medical College and Hospital, Assam
- Assam Medical College and Hospital, Assam
- Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Assam
- Regional Research Centre, Jorhat
- Dr. B. Barooah Cancer Hospital, Guwahati
- SSA Assam
12 NRL Hospital Numaligarh Assam
- 108 & 104 Healthcare
PEWS Group of Institutions Facilities
The following facilities can be availed at PEWS:
● Library: A modern library that is well stocked with more than 10,000 selected volumes of books and journals.
● Transportation: Bus facility for daily commutation as well as for tours, camps, and workshops.
● Hostel: Housing with mess for students who wish to stay near the campus.
● Extra Curricular: Proper attention is given in exposing and enhancing the multi- talents of the students in Extra-Curricular fields like Sports, Cultural, Literature, etc.
● Laboratory: State-of-the-art laboratory equipped with modern technology and equipment for hands-on learning and experimentation. Provides students with practical training and research opportunities to enhance their scientific skills.
● Auditorium: Spacious college auditorium with top-notch audio-visual facilities for events and seminars. Ideal for large audiences and impactful gatherings.
● Canteen: Lively college canteen serving a diverse range of delectable and budget-
friendly food choices.
To get exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.