BITSAT 2024, conducted by BITS Pilani, is a prestigious University-level engineering entrance exam. Aspiring candidates can gather comprehensive information about the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) including exam dates, application form details, and the syllabus right here on indcareer.com.
BITSAT exam offers admission in three campuses i.e. Pilani Campus , K. K. Birla Goa Campus, and Hyderabad Campus. All the interested candidates, who are going to apply for BITSAT 2024, they are requested to go through the complete details of BITSAT 2024 from here. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree (FD) programmes of BITS Pilani for its Campuses at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad for the academic year 2024-25 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test – 2024’, in short as BITSAT-2024 hereafter in this document.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT), Pilani UG Exam 2024
- BITSAT Syllabus
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Sample Papers
- Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Exam Centre Allotment
- Slot Booking
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Best Books
Integrated FD programs to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT-2024
(i) at BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and M.Sc.: General Studies.
(ii) at BITS Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics.
(iii) at BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.*: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics
|Release of BITSAT Application Form||As per BITS Pilani|
|Application Form Last Date||As per BITS Pilani|
|Admit Card Release Date||As per BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT 2024 Exam Date||As per BITS Pilani|
|Last Year’s Exam Date||21 to 26 May, 18 to 22 June|
|Publication of Answer Key||As per BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT Result Announcement Date||As per BITS Pilani|
- *The candidates who join in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of first year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
- For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
How to apply
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2024 by applying in the prescribed application form online. A candidate has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
- As this time BITSAT shall be conducted in two sessions, the prescribed fee for BITSAT-2024 for a candidate who chooses to appear twice will have to pay a sum of Rs. 5400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 4400 (for a female candidate).
- A candidate who originally opts to appear once (Session-I), will pay a fee of Rs. 3400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 2900 (for a female candidate). If such a candidate chooses then to apply to appear a second time (Session-II), then he/she will have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 2000 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 1500 (for a female candidate). If a candidate opts to appear only for Session-II, will pay a fee of Rs. 3400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 2900 (for a female candidate).
- The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center for either Session 1 or Session 2 only then the
application fee for both male and female candidates will be Rs. 7000 (in INR). However, if the candidate wants to appear for both the sessions then the prescribed fee will be Rs. 9000. If a candidate who originally opts to appear once (Session-I) at Dubai Center and then apply to appear a second time (Session-II), then he/she will have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 2000 (in INR). Details for payment of fees are available at the admission website while applying online.
- BITSAT Admit Card is made available for download on the official website. The admit card contains details such as Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot, and exam instructions. BITSAT 2024 Admit Card is issued to only those candidates who do the slot booking before the last date.
- To download BITSAT Admit Card 2024, students need to use their BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID. In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2024
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2024 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT-2024 score.
You can check the BITSAT 2024 exam pattern as per its announcement at bitsadmission.com. Last year the exam pattern was as follows.
|Subject||No. of Qs|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||10|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||20|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B. Pharm)||40|
- Mode of the exam: Online mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of the Exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice MCQs
- Total No. of Questions: 130 Questions
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, candidates get 03 marks.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted.
- The tests’ sessions consist of four parts:
- Part I- Physics 30 Question
- Part II- Chemistry 30 Questions
- Part III- (a) English Proficiency 10 Questions & (b) Logical Reasoning 20 Questions
- Part IV- Mathematics/Biology (For B. Pharm) 40 Questions
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 130 questions.
- If a candidate answers all the 130 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and Logical reasoning only; three questions from each of them. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 130 questions.
BITSAT Test Centers
In order to facilitate a large number of students all over India to participate in BITSAT-2024, apart from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS where it is expected that a large number of students will take the test, the Institute is also planning to offer the tests at dedicated Test Centers in several other cities.
Test Centers for BITSAT-2024 (Session 1 and Session 2) *
|S.No||Name of City||S.No||Name of City|
|16||Dibrugarh||48||Pilani Campus of BITS|
|17||Dubai Campus of BITS||49||Pune|
|19||Goa Campus of BITS||51||Rajahmundry|
|24||Hyderabad Campus of BITS||56||Siliguri|
*This is a tentative list of centers for Session 1 and Session 2. The list will be finalized based on the number of applications received. Centers within India: The candidate will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of these three. Candidates applying for Kathmandu as a center can give two more center options in India.
Address: Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Vidya Vihar Campus, Pilani
Rajasthan – 333031, India.
Phones : (+91) (01596) 245073/4
Fax : (+91) (01596) 244183
Emails : [email protected]
BITSAT – An Overview
The important highlights of this exam are as follows.
|Name of Exam||BITSAT|
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|More Exams Of This Type||Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Scale Of This Exam||University Level|
|State or Region For Which This Exam Is Most Relevant||Rajasthan, Goa, Telangana|
(note – this does not indicate domicile requirement.
it only refers to states or regions where score
accepting colleges are situated)
|Organization That Holds This Exam||BITS Pilani|
|BITS Pilani Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani|
|Programs or Courses Where Admission Is Through This Test||BE, B.Pharm, Integrated M.Sc|
|Colleges or Universities Where Admission Is Through This Test||BITS Pilani at Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus|