|City||Dibrugarh, Assam, India|
|Affiliated to||Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh|
|Address|| Dibrugarh University|
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh was established in the year 1966, Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh is affiliated to Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
The Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University started functioning in the year 1966, one year after the inception of the University. The teaching however, began in 1967. Dr. R. P. Srivastava was appointed as the Head of the Department. The Department started with a strong determination to impart Post-Graduate Teaching and Research. Its main aims and objectives have been :-
• To impart regular teaching at the Post Graduate level;
• To provide regular supervision and guidance to Ph.D. Programmes having theoretical as well as social relevance and
• To develop human resource with special emphasis on the region where it is located. The department has built up adequate laboratory facilities for teaching and researches in various branches of Anthropology like Physical and Cultural including Prehistoric Archaeology. Under the guidance of Prof. B. M. Das who had been the Head of the department from 1973-1976, the department could develop a well-equipped serology laboratory. The Department so far could produce 42 Ph.D. theses since its inception. The Department is proud to recall all those who could curve out a niche for themselves and are placed at respectable places around the world. Ms. Sajida Ahmed, M.Sc., 1969, presently working as a Social Scientist in a Hospital in London.
Dr. Ranjan Deka, M.Sc., 1972; Ph.D. 1976, presently working in the Department of Environment Health, University of Cincinnati, U.S.A.
Dr. Pradip Dey, M.Sc., 1970, presently working as Professor, Department of Computer Science, Hampton University, Hampton, VA. 23668, U.S.A.
Prof. R. K. Kar, M.Sc. (1969); Ph.D. (1976), retired Professor, Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University.
Dr. Sarthak Sengupta, M.Sc. (1977); Ph.D. (1983), presently working in the Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University as Reader.
Dr. Deepanjana Dutta Das, M.Sc. (1973); Ph.D. (1979); presently working in Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University as Reader and HOD.
Gradually the Department could achieve its present status, due to it, through the relentless efforts put by a group of eminent faculty members whose contributions to the growth of the Department are proudly treasured and cherished.
M.A. / M.Sc., Ph.D.
Eligibility for admission:-
1. B.A. / B.Sc. with minimum 45% in Anthropology Major
2. 50% in the subject Anthropology with 45% in Aggregate.
Duration of the programme:- 2 years (4 semesters)
M.A. / M.Sc. : 15
Syl labus is available in the University Website The Programmes offered by the department is broadly specialized in:-
i) Social Anthropology
ii) Advanced Physical Anthropology
Method of selection:-
For M.A. / M.Sc. :- Merit basis
2. 19 students placed in various institutions/organizations/companies during last 5 years (2004-2008).
Dibrugarh - 786 004
Email : email@example.com
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh offers 3 Years Full Time Bachelors Degree in B.Sc AnthropologyView Details Duration: 3 Years Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Bachelors Degree
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh is affiliated to Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh.
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh is affiliated to Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh. Browse Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh Time Tables
List of facilities available at Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh for students.
Faculty Of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh