|City||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Affiliated to||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad|
School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad was established in the year 1999, School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad is affiliated to University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
The School of Management Studies (SMS), commenced functioning from May, 1999. It offers a two-year full-time MBA Programme, a unique MBA programme in Health Care and Hospital Management, and a Ph.D. programme in Management Studies. It promotes faculty and doctoral research, consultancy, training, and outreach activities in various sectors.
The Guiding light – The Vision
The broad Vision of the School is to continually strive to achieve excellence in management education, research, training, consultancy and outreach activities with a multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral and developmental perspective.
The Chosen Path – The Mission
· To continually broaden the scope of application of management concepts to infrastructural, institutional, Environmental & Developmental services, Entrepreneurship & emerging areas like CRM, RETAILING, SCM, Business Incubation, University Industry Partnership, research, training and consultancy.
· To promote the development of sound conceptual and adaptable functional and strategic skills among students.
· To encourage socially responsive managers of tomorrow.
· To instill a sense of life long learning and self development among the students.
The Core Activities
· Organizing the course work including electives
· Providing relevant inputs/skills – self -awareness and growth lab, organizational skills, summer internship, and project work
· Encouraging research by faculty and Ph.D. scholars
· Organizing seminars and encouraging participation in external seminars
· Collaborating with reputed national / international institutions / industry
· Encouraging students to organize and participate in co-and extra-curricular activities.
The two-year MBA full-time programme with an intake of 60 students is spread over four semesters. During the first two semesters, core and foundation courses are offered. These include Management concepts and approaches, Managerial Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Quantitative Techniques, Economics, Information Technology, Communication and Personal effectiveness, Operations Management, Research Methodology and Business Environment. In addition, a five-day concentrated Self-awareness and Growth Lab is also organized during the first semester.
The students are required to get some practical exposure by undertaking eight weeks internships in an organization during the summer intervening between the second and third semesters. This internships are intended to familiarize the students with current management practices, work environment and organizational cultures. As such, the summer internship is an integral part of the MBA programme.
During the second year, the students have the opportunity to specialize in two selected areas of their interest. These specializations are offered through electives and project work spread over the two semesters. The students may choose from the following specialization offered:
· Marketing Management
· Finance Management
· Operations Management
· Human Resources Management
Note: Any other additional electives will be offered based on the availability of the requisite faculty expertise and minimum enrolment to be decided by the School from time to time.
· The curriculum is spread over core courses in the first year and specialization in the second year
· Curriculum revised in consultation with the industry, and experts
· Self awareness and growth lab for personal effectiveness
· An eight week summer internship to familiarize the students with the work environment/management practices
· Dual specialization in the second year
· Long term research project
· Facilitate placement for the students.
· Enhance the analytical, problem solving and creative abilities of students
· Focus on personal effectiveness
· Partnership with industry
· Inculcating research capability through projects..
Our official address:
University of Hyderabad
P.O. Central University
Hyderabad - 500 046,
University EPABX: 040 23130000
For all admission enquiries please contact:
Dy. Registrar (Acad & Exams)
Tel : 23132102, 23132103
FAX : 040-23010292
School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
School of Management Studies (SMS) , Hyderabad offers 2 Years Full Time Masters Degree in Master of Business Administration (MBA)View Details Duration: 2 Years Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Masters Degree
School of Management Studies (SMS) , Hyderabad offers 22 months Full Time Doctoral / PhD Programs in Ph.D Programme in Management StudiesView Details Duration: 22 months Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Doctoral / PhD Programs
School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad is affiliated to University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad is affiliated to University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. Browse University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad Time Tables
List of facilities available at School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad for students.
School of Management Studies SMS , Hyderabad