The establishment of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University was the culmination of efforts during the period, 1955 to 2006 to strengthen education and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The establishment of three Veterinary Colleges, the first at Rajendranagar during 1946, the second at Bapatla during 1955 and the third at Gannavaram during 1998, paved the way for strengthening Veterinary education in the State. The Veterinary College at Bapatla was shifted to Tirupati during December, 1957. The College of Fishery Science was started at Muthukur, Nellore Dt. during 1991. The College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati celebrated Golden Jubilee Year during July, 2004 to July 2005 and the year long Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the College were officially inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Dr.Y.S.Rajasekhara Reddy on 30th September 2004. On that occasion, the Chief Minister, while highlighting the importance of livestock and aqua farming in the overall economy of the state, announced the establishment of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University at Tirupati.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU)
Tele: +91 877 2248006, 2248068, 2248155, 2248621
FAX: +91 877 2249222
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU), Tirupati