|City||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
According to the Constitution of Christian Medical College, Ludhiana society (Regd.), the Christian medical College, Ludhiana is a education and research institution of an all India Character established and run by the minority Christian Community. Its primary aim is to educate and train Christian men and women as health professionals, in the spirit of Jesus Christ for the healing ministry of the Church in India. However, like many other Christian educational institutions, this college also offers educational facilities to other young men and women irrespective of religion, caste or community.
Through education in this college the Christian church seeks to make a significant contribution to the health standards of all communities of our National with special emphasis on health care in the rural areas. Medical Missionary work was started in Ludhiana in the year 1881 by the Greenfield sister's Miss Martha Rose and Miss Kay Greenfield. This pioneering medical work of the Greenfield sisters was the precursor of the medical Training and Health Care service programme of the present Christian Medical College, Ludhiana.
The Greenfield sister and their associates organized the Health Care Educational Services in which endeavor Dr. Edith Mary Brown joined them in 1894 the North Indian School of Medicine for Christian Women was started by Dr. Edith Mary Brown and her colleagues with the object of training Indian Nationals, particularly the women to serve in the field of Medical Education and Health Care Services, emphasizing integration of training and health care services.
Nursing training was started in 1889 by the Greenfield sisters. The school became well - known for the nursing care it provided and for its services to needy patients particularly after 1894 when the school of medicine for Christian Women was started.
The General Nursing Programme began in 1941. In 1953 the MBBS course started in Christian Medical college, Ludhiana, admitting both men and women students, and the nursing programme was upgraded accordingly. The School of Nursing was upgraded to college of Nursing in 1973 with 18 students admitted to the B.Sc Nursing course. The first batch of B.Sc. Nursing students graduated in April 1977.
Since the nursing standard is maintained at a high level, the results of examination have always been excellent. In response to the changing society the nursing practice has changed from mere apprenticeship to a professional education and to foster nursing as a professional career attractive and desirable to young people on an equal basis with any other career.
The college of nursing degree programme are affiliated to the Punjab University and registration is done by Punjab Nurses Registration council. This programme is recognized by Indian Nursing council. This programme is recognized by Indian Nursing council. Since July 1999, the college has been affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot - 151 203 (Pb.)
The college of Nursing is situated in a large campus on the Brown Road, not far from the Ludhiana Railway Station. The Campus has residential quarters for the staff and hostels for Nursing Students.
college of Nursing
Tel : +91-161-5010809
Fax : +91-161-2610708
college of Nursing, Ludhiana offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
List of facilities available at college of Nursing, Ludhiana for students.
college of Nursing, Ludhiana