Hindol College, Khajuriakata was established in the year 1997, Hindol College, Khajuriakata is affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar
Effulgent worth the elegance of natural flora and fauna, enriched with green resources encompassed by hills and adorned by forest streams Hindol Sub-Division was one of the princely states till 1950. When our nation attained independence from the British rule, the wind of progress and educational awakening started flowingthroughout the length and breadth of our motherland. The noble thought of establishing an institution of higher education for spread of knowledge and development of the rural people hovered in the minds of some of the enthusiastic intellectuals, political, leaders, distinguished personalities and common mass. Attempts were made previously in 1974 and 1976 for establishing a college in Hindol Sub-Division but only in 1977 the dream became a reality.
`Some education loving people led by retired army doctor captain RadhuCharanPradhan consulted the then MLA Late TrinathNaik and took the necessary initiative with the support of the villagers of the nearby Panchayats as well as Government and chose Khajuriakata which was centrally located in the Sub-Division for setting up of a College of higher education and christened it as Hindol College. Thus a long cherished aspiration of the people of Hindol was fulfilled on 5th September, 1977 i.e. Teachers Day.
A thirteen member governing body was formed with Late DhaneswarSahu as president and Dr. R.C. Pradhan as secretary. Initially Intermediate Arts class was started with seventeen students. The abandoned CT school campus was occupied and the buildings were renovated and reconstructed for the running of the classes. Aviram Samal, Lecturer in Economics was the first Principal of the College. The other teachers who were appointed in the beginning were Nagendranath Das, Lecturer in History, Umakanta Pradhan, Lecturer in Political science, Akshaya Kumar Mohapatra, Lecturer in Oriya and Narayan Chandra Choudhury, Lecturer in English. Two clerical staff Niranjan Biswal and Sudhakar Sahu was posted and Biprabar Muduli was appointed as Librarian.
In the early days the college passed through very hard times and the financial condition of the college was precarious.Dr. Pradhan with the support of the staff moved from village to village to muster help and support for the institution. DharmanandaBiswal of Ranjagol was very philanthropic to donate 1.13 acres of homestead land to the college. Dr. ChaitanyaSahu, Ex –MLA Rabi NarayanNaik, Ex-Sub-Collector,Hindol Ex-TahasildarBrahmananda Rout are persons who will always be remembered for their self-less support for this august cause.
Hindol College, Khajuriakata offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Bachelors Degree Courses
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Hindol College, Khajuriakata offers 3 Years Full Time Bachelors Degree in Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Duration: 3 Years
Learning Mode: Full Time
Course Level: Bachelors Degree
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Hindol College, Khajuriakata offers 3 Years Full Time Bachelors Degree in Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
Duration: 3 Years
Learning Mode: Full Time
Course Level: Bachelors Degree
Publish Your Event
Add an event or your college festivals to IndCareer.com. It's quick and free!
Hindol College, Khajuriakata is affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar.
Click here to browse Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar Examination Results
Hindol College, Khajuriakata is affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar. Browse Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar Time Tables
List of facilities available at Hindol College, Khajuriakata for students.
The College library contains a good number of book, and journals. The staff and students of the College as well as persons specially permitted by Principal may use the library. The following are the rules of the College library.
1) TheLibrary remains open during the office hours from 10.30 AM to 4.30 PM.on all working days.
2. The borrower should examine the condition of the book before they are issued, otherwise he/she shall remain responsible for the damage.
3) Book should be taken out of the library with the knowledge of the librarian.
4) Book must be returned within the time period allowed to the borrower.
5) Notes or markings should not be made on the pages of the library books or the pages should not be disfigured.
6) The Principal may stop the issue of certain books to all or certain borrowers.
7) The library premises should strictly be used for reading and consultancy.
8) Smoking spitting sleeping loitering and putting legs on the furniture is strictly for bidden.
9) Periodicals manuals dictionaries and references should not be issued.
10The time allowed to a borrower except staff is 15 days.
11) Utmost silence and discipline should be observed in the library and reading room,
12) Arrangement of tables and chairs should not be disturbed at any time.
13) Library books and journals should be issued to the students on production of library cards and identity card.
14) Students who do not return the books within the time allowed will be fined Rs 1/ per day for each extra day or delay.
15) If any book or Journal is lost or damaged recovery shall be made at the rate of three times the costof the book.
16) Unauthorized entry in to the library premises is strictly not permitted.
17) Students should surrender their library cards at the library counter at the time of obtaining clearance.
18) Books will be issued to students of different classes according to the time schedule notified from time to time by the librarian.
19) When the time of return of the book falls on an authorized holiday, it may be returned to the library on the day the college reopens.
20) All the rules are subject to amendment as and when necessary.
21) The maximum number of books that can be issued to various categories of borrowers of the College staff and students is given below.
i)Teaching staff -15
iii)Non-teaching staff -05
IV)Ministerial staff - 05
V) Librarians -05
vi) Attendant -03
(vii) +2 Student -01
viii) +3 Pass student- 01
ix) +3 Hons student-01
Sports facilities are available in the campus. Annual Sports event is held in the month of December in every year
Good transportation facilities for its students, staff members and visiting guests.
The College is close to Govt. hospital where free medical service is available for the students.
24-hours internet access for all. Wi-Fi for all
Computer facility is available to the students in the Dept.Of Mathematics and IT
Our institution provides safe drinking water for girls in the common room. Also provides news paper, chess board and carom board for girls to spend there leisure when they get.
Our institution provides safe drinking water for boys in the common room. Also provides news paper, chess board and carom board for boys to spend there leisure when they get.
Post Office is located very close to the College campus with all facilities it remain open on all working days except Sunday and Govt. holidays. Business is transacted from 10 AM. To 3 PM.
It providescarrier guidance and information to the students regarding higher education, different competitive examination and job placement.
The students and staff have been provided with permanent parking facilities in the shape of cycle stand to park their cycles/scooters/mopeds inside the College campus.
The College has good play ground for athletic activities of the students. Volley court, badminton court, Football and cricket field are available for the students.
Each year blood grouping is conducted by the Red Cross unit for the students and staff.
The College conducts study tours to different institution and places of academic interest for practical experience of the students.
Special classes are arranged for the improvement of spoken English of the students. Extramural classesare taken by guest speakers and the teachers for the overall personality development of the students.