|City||Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India|
|Affiliated to||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam|
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla
Kerala - 689 101
|Phone||0469 - 2601383, 2741233|
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla was established in the year 1957, Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Titus II Teachers College was founded in 1957, the same year that the University of Kerala was born. The College is run by the Mar Thoma Syrian Church and is dedicated to the revered memory of His Grace the Most Rev. Titus II, who was Metropolitan of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church from 1898 to 1944. This was a period of outstanding developments in the history of the Mar Thoma Church. His Grace the Most Rev. Dr. Juhanon Mar Thoma Metropolitan was the founder of this College. The college is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University and is offering the courses leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education and the Degree of Master of Education. We were fortunate to have the Most Rev. Dr. Juhanon Mar Thoma Metropolitan, the founder of the college as the Chairman of the College Governing Council from 1957 to 1961. To begin with, the College was housed in the V.G.M. Hall. The Central Block was constructed in the first year itself and classes were started in the new building.Dr. Anjivel V. Mathew, distinguished educationist and writer was the first Principal during 1957-58. He retired at the end of the academic year and the Rev. Dr. T.C. Thomas was appointed as Principal in 1958 and the College continued to make steady progress in all its spheres of life and activity during his period.
The Main Block was completed in 1958. An additional classroom was built in 1960-’61, which was also used for craftwork. Library and Laboratory facilities were considerably expanded in the following year and the audio-visual department was fully equipped.
In May 1963 the Rev. T.C. Thomas assumed Principalship of the Mar Thoma College and Prof. P.T. Thomas was appointed as Principal of the College. An extension of the Central Block consisting of a craft room, a new Principal’s office and a guest room was constructed in 1963-64. The ground floor of the new Science Block was constructed in 1966. The library hall was extended and the Men’s waiting room was constructed.
Prof. P.T. Thomas retired in April 1973 and Prof. C.A. George was appointed as Principal. A mini stadium was constructed and the same was inaugurated on 5/1/1976. The new Natural Science Hall was constructed in 1977. Direct payment system was introduced in 1973. Prof. C.A. George retired in 1979 and Prof. R. Valsakumar assumed charge on 13/12/1979. The new Physical Science Hall and the Ladies Recreation room were completed in 1980. The Silver Jubilee of the college was celebrated in March 1983.
Prof. R. Valsakumar retired in October 1987 and Prof. M. Isaac was appointed as Principal. A new Library building was constructed and the same was named as “Dr. Juhanon Mar Thoma Memorial Library”.
Prof. M. Isaac retired in March 1990 and Mrs. Rachel John was appointed as Principal. Mrs. Rachel John retired in March 1992 and Mrs. Santhamma Mathew assumed charge in April 1992.The dedication of the new Library was held on 20/2/1997 and the library is functioning in the new building. A Seminar Hall and two classrooms were constructed and the dedication of the new block was held on 23/10/2000. Mrs .Santhamma Mathew retired in 2002 and Mrs. Sushama Zacharia took charge till her retirement in2006. Dr.K.K.John was the Principal till 2008 and Dr. K.S.George is the present Principal of our college. With the aid of the UGC we were able to construct a ladies hostel and inaugurate it in 2009. The strength of the college was 100 to start with. It was raised to 120 and 150 and now it is according to N.C.T.E. Regulations. The college offers English, Mathematics, Natural Science, Physical Science, Social Studies and Commerce as optional subjects. We have now 12 teachers in the B.Ed.section, 5 teachers in the M.Ed. Section and 13 non-teaching staff members. Apart from the conveniences provided for curricular activities, the college gives great attention to different co-curricular activities. Special attention is given for Physical Education and Games. Seminars, Workshops, Debates, Talks, Literary and Arts competitions and Cultural activities are organized from time to time. Training in moral and religious values is viewed as essential part of teacher education and one period is set apart for this. Dr. Juhanon Mar Thoma Metropolitan used to take the classes in the early years of the college.We proudly announce that our College Magazine 1996-’97 “EADE” won the Malayala Manorama Chief Editors Trophy for the Best College Magazine in Kerala. The college has a Men’s Hostel and a Womens’ Hostel. The facilities of the Sabha’s canteen are available.
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Browse Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam Time Tables
List of facilities available at Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla for students.
Titus II Teachers Collge, Tiruvalla