Kannada University is a higher education university in Hampi, Karnataka in the year 1991.It was set up as part to develop Kannada language and to promote rich literature, tradition, culture, folklore of Karunadu ie; Karnataka.
The University has three main wings
* Adalitanga (Administrative wing)
* Adhyayananga (Academic wing)
* Prasaranga (Publication wing)
* Integrated M.A . Phd in Kannada literature and folklore, where a degree holder can do postgraduation and research at one go. This course of four years duration.
* Bachelor in Fine Arts
* B.A in Sangeeta ( B.A in Music )
* Diploma in Sculpture, minimum qualification for this course of two years is SSLC.
* Diploma in Sangeeta, minimum qualification for this course of two years is SSLC.
The Kannada university also offers postgraduate and certificate courses related to Kannada languages also.
Kannada University, Hampi has 15 Departments listed that offer various academic courses.
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Kannada University, Hampi