|City||Sirsa, Haryana, India|
|Affiliated to||Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa|
|Phone||01666-238119 Email :|
|[email protected] , [email protected]|
|Affiliations / Important Links:||Jan Nayak Ch Devi Lal Vidyapeeth (JCDV), Sirsa |
National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE)
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa was established in the year 2004, JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa is affiliated to Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa is Approved by Govt. of Haryana & NCTE and Affiliated to Ch. Devi Lal University, Sirsa. JCD (P.G.) College of Education is accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) 'A' Grade. Motivated by the dire need of higher education for the students of this region and with vision to provide quality and value based education, Jan Nayak Ch. Devi Lal (PG) College of Education was established on 5th Nov. 2004 & M. Ed course was introduced in Nov, 2008. The college is accredited to NCTE (National Council of Teacher Education) and affiliated to Ch. Devi Lal University, Sirsa (Haryana).The institution has a sprawling campus and is housed in a newly constructed huge, modern, spacious, triple storey building with well designed ICT enabled class rooms.
JCD (PG)College of Education
Post Box No-81
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
(1) The Master of Education (M.Ed.) programme is meant for candidates desirous of pursuing post-graduate programme in education. Besides preparing teacher educators, it also aims at preparing educational administrators, supervisors and researchers.
(2) The M.Ed. programme would comprise theoretical courses including specialized courses in the discipline of education and related practical/field work including exposure to and training in a teacher education institution. In addition, research work in the form of a dissertation would form an essential part of the programme. Depending on the actual design and declared objectives, the programme provides opportunities for students to extend as well as deepen their knowledge and understanding of Education, specialize in selected areas including Teacher Education and also acquire related research skills.
(3) Only institutions running B.Ed. programme are eligible to offer M.Ed. course except University Departments which may not be directly running a B.Ed. programme.
2 Duration and working days
The M.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of one academic year. (2) Working Days
(a) There shall be at least one hundred & eighty working days exclusive of periods of examination and admission etc., for instruction, field work for dissertation and internship in a teacher education institution.
(b) The institution shall function for a minimum thirty six hours in a week (five or six days). The teacher educators are expected to be available for individual attention, guidance and counseling for the student & teacher throughout the working hours.View Details Duration: 1 Year Learning Mode: Full Time Course Level: Masters Degree
The Bachelor of Education programme, generally known as B.Ed., is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary (classes IX-X) and senior secondary (classes XI-XII) levels.
2 Duration and working days
(1) Duration B.Ed. programme shall be of duration of at least one academic year
(2) Working Days
(a) There shall be at least one hundred & eighty working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission, out of which at least forty days shall be for practice teaching or skill development in nearby schools.
(b) The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours in a week (five or six days), during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teachers is necessary to ensure their availability for individual advice, guidance, dialogues and consultation as and when needed.
General Objectives of B.Ed. Course :-
Enable the student teacher
* To promote capabilities for inculcating national values and goals as mentioned in the constitution of India.
* To act as agents of modernization and social change.
* To promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human and rights of the child.
* To become competent committed professional willing to perform the identified task.
* To use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective teacher.
* To be sensitive student teacher about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equity, legal literacy etc.
* To inculcate rational thinking and scientific temper among the students.
* To develop critical awareness about the social realities among the students.
* To use managerial and organizational skills.
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa is affiliated to Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa.
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa is affiliated to Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa. Browse Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa Time Tables
List of facilities available at JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa for students.
JCD PG College of Education, Sirsa