|City||Panchkula, Haryana, India|
|Affiliated to||Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak|
|Phone||0172-2554022, Mob: 9779790707,09501340756, 9915986167|
Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula is affiliated to Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak
The Haryana Saket Council is popular for its comprehensive services to the Physically Challenged persons of North Indian states since its very inception in 1957. His Excellency, the Governor Haryana is the President of this Council and the Ho n’ble Chief Minister Haryana is its Vice President –cum- Chairman. With a view to improve the utilization of the available clinical material and infrastructure facilities at the two campuses of the Saket Council, one at Kalka Road, Chandimandir and second at Sector -1, Panchkula; the idea of establishing a Physiotherapy College in this Institute was conceived sometime in early 2006. With a No Objection Certificate and other supports of Haryana Government and grant of affiliation by Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, our College of Physiotherapy was formally inaugurated on 4th December, 2008 by the Erstwhile Governor Haryana. The first batch of 30 students of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) was admitted in academic session 2008-09, while 20 students of Master of Physiotherapy course in Orthopaedics (MPT Ortho) and Cardiopulmonary (MPT Cardio) were admitted in academic session 2009-10.
All this was made possible because of the timely help, support and guidance of the Director Principal, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh where not only our undergraduate students are taught the paramedical and basic science subjects but the Postgraduate students also do their clinical training and Postgraduate dissertations there. With the commencement of admission process for the academic session 2011-12, the college will enter in its 4th year of existence, just a few months away from the proud moments of producing manpower of first batch of qualified graduates (BPT) & Postgraduates (MPT) for the service of mankind. The College management is fully committed to create standard facilities of teaching & research comparable with international standards and one can expect that in due course of time Haryana Saket Council, Chandimandir will have a excellent College of Physiotherapy for the service of mankind.
Saket College of Physiotherapy
Chandimandir - Panchkula,
Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
The course aims at imparting an in depth both the theoretical basis as well as the practical therapeutic skills in the art and the science of physical diagnosis and Physio therapeutics, so as to practice the profession in a competent manner towards those who need such services with Autonomy, Quality-care assurance and maintaining the humanitarian approach of service with compassion.
On completion of the course of study having successfully passed the examination, the candidate would be able to achieve a satisfactory level of efficiency.
1. To detect & evaluate, anatomical patho-physiological and psychosomatic impairment resulting in physical dysfunction in various age groups, occupations & arrive at appropriate diagnosis.
2. To understand the rationale and basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens: & accordingly plan & implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively.
3. To be able to select strategies for cure & care’ adopt restorative & rehabilitative measures for maximum possible independence of a client at home, work place & in the community.
4. To maintain health relationship & co-partnership with various professionals in the healthy delivery system in the primary interest of a client.
5. To ensure quality assurance & motivate the client & her/his family for desirable client compliance.
6. To develop communication skills for the purpose of transfer of suitable technique to be used creatively at various states of treatment, compatible with psychological status of the beneficiary.
7. To promote health in general, in Geriatrics, Women’s health Industrial Medicine as well at competitive level, such as sports keeping in mind National health policies.
8. To practice professional autonomy & ethical principles with referral as well as first contact clients in conformity with ethical code for Physiotherapists.
Regular full time four years course of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) followed by compulsory 6 months internship.
No. of Seats: 40
The candidates should have passed the intermediate Examination under 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination recognized by the Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English scoring at least 50 % marks in aggregate of these subjects. In case of SC/ST candidates the marks for eligibility shall be 40%. The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of theyear of joining the course.
BPT 1st Prof:
4. Electrotherapy I
5. Exercise Therapy I
BPT 2nd Prof:
4. Electrotherapy II
5. Exercise Therapy II
7. Sociology & Psychology
8. Computer Application
BPT 3rd Prof:
1. General Medicine
2. General Surgery
4. Physiotherapy in Cardiorespiratory Conditions
5. Physiotherapy in Orthopaedic Conditions
6. Health Education & Social Medicine
BPT 4th Prof:
4. Obstetrics &Gynaecology, ENT, Ophthalmology
5. Physiotherapy in Neurology
6. Physiotherapy in General Medical & Surgical Conditions
7. Rationale of Rehabilitation
8. Physiotherapy Ethics & Law
9. Research Methodology & Biostatistics
Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula is affiliated to Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula is affiliated to Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak. Browse Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak Time Tables
List of facilities available at Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula for students.
Saket College of Physiotherapy, Panchkula