Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU), Pune invites applications for admission to PhD Entrance Test (PET) Exam for the academic session 2022 at its Pune Campus.
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU), Pune PhD Entrance Test (PET) Exam 2022
- Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programs leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the following Faculty of Studies:
- Ph.D. (Law)
- Ph.D. (Management)
- Ph.D. (Computer Studies)
- Ph.D. (Health Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Media and Communication)
- Ph.D. (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Engineering)
|Online registration opens||22nd April 2022 (12.00 Noon)|
|Online registration closes and closure of online / Non-DD Payments||23rd May 2022 (12 Midnight)|
|Admit card download||20-25th June 2022 (12 Midnight- 12 Noon)|
|Ph D Entrance Test||25th June 2022 (2:00 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.)|
|Release of PET 2022 Result||01st July 2022|
|Personal Interaction||12-23rd July 2022|
|First Merit List||17th August 2022|
|Waitlist Result||05th September 2022|
|Closing of Admission||12th September 2022|
- A candidate seeking admission to the PhD Program must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degrees with 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any subject with 55% marks plus minimum of five years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research in which admission is being sought. Interdisciplinary research involves two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines. The candidate must show evidence of his/her relevant experience in the interdisciplinary area of research.
- Online SIU Pune PhD admission application form can be available from Symbiosis International University Website www.siu.edu.in
- Note that the entire application process is online and they are not required to submit any hard copy of application to the University.
- General Category : Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST Category : Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online Credit/Debit/Cash Cards/Internet Banking Payment through Bill Desk Payment Gateway:
- Candidates shall be admitted to the PhD Program on the basis of merit of the entrance test and personal interview.
- Candidates with NET/SET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil. or are UGC/CSIR/ICMR DBT/RGNF/MANF/DST Inspire & NBHM Fellows, are exempted from the entrance test during the validity period of the certificate/award. However, such candidates have to mandatorily appear for the personal interview.
Entrance Test Pattern
- Exam Date: 25 June 2022 Saturday 14:00-15:30 Hrs (IST)
- Mode of Exam: Online mode
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Test Structure: Multiple Choice Questions
- All questions are Multiple Choice Questions.
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- No Negative marking system adopted
- Research Methodology : 50
- Subject-Specific : 50
- TOTAL Marks 100
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Address: Symbiosis International (Deemed University) Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune, Maharashtra, India Pin: 412115
Phone: 020-28116200 020-28116208