JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU), Jaipur invites applications for admissions to B.Des Programme .
B.Des Programme is conducted by JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU), Jaipur.
About the programme
The four-year programme in product design aims to be both people-centric and technology-led. It will help create a new brand of individualistic product designers who enjoy creating with their hands and yet comfortable leveraging new age technology.
Why B.Des at JKLU?
– One year interdisciplinary programme prepares you for Masters in the field of Data Analytics, Public Policy, Economics, and other emerging fields.
– Workshops with leading academicians and practitioners, research projects and mentoring to support your Master’s application.
– Faculty from Global Institutes like IIT, IIM, IISc, Georgia Tech, INSEAD, UMass Amherst, Delhi School of Economics, Ashoka University etc.
– Get opportunities to strengthen your profile via research projects, internships and other miscellaneous resources on campus.
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
– Minimum 60% aggregate marks in both Class X & XII or equivalent grades.
– Candidates should have passed classes 10th and 12th from a recognised Central/ State Board/ University in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
– Students appearing in the final examination of 10+2 may also apply. However, the admission will be provisional subject to achieving the minimum marks.
– The applicants are required to appear in one of the Design Entrance Tests from NID-DAT or UCEED. In case the student has not appeared for either, he/she must appear for JKLU-DET.
Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indian candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of their marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination only.
Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
– Submission of application form
– Personal Interview
– Selection based on an overall evaluation of merit
Merit-based assessment of candidates, focusing on attitude and aptitude, to help them benefit from the unique learning experience at JKLU.
To encourage and support meritorious applicants, JKLU has a very distinctive scholarship programme. Applicants may qualify for a scholarship up to full waiver of the University Academic and Hostel Fee. Scholarship is awarded based on:
Academic Performance in Class X & Class XII. (Only for those who have passed class XII in 2021 or 2022).
NID-DAT or UCEED Exam.
Scholarship Upgradation based on exceptional talent displayed in portfolio and interview round and/or exceptional performance in co-curricular activities.
Additionally, we have a scheme of fee reduction for certain categories of students. As of now, we reduce fee by 25% for the following persons: ● Wards of any staff member of JKLU or any entity belonging to JK Organisation. ● Sibling of any student (both get fee reduction) ● Sibling of any alumni ● Any alumni pursuing second degree. The scholarship decision will be based on rules applicable on the day the complete application is submitted, subject to admission being confirmed by paying the initial deposit. For example, If a student has 95% marks in 10th , and 12th class results will be available in June, 2022. Assuming that the student got 96% marks in 12 th , the scholarship will be 100% (L1) if the application was submitted in March, but it will be 75% (L2), if the application was submitted in May. Hence it is important to submit applications as early as possible.
|One Time Fee||Early Admissions|
|Admission Fee (Waive Off) Non-Refundable||0|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|One Time Fee||Regular Admissions|
|Admission Fee, Non-Refundable||₹5,000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹50,000|
B.Des Fee Structure
Academic Year (2022-2023)
|Academic Fee* (in Rupees)||1,99,000|
B.Des Fee Structure
To be paid in two equal instalments in respective semesters.
- One time Caution Money (Refundable) of ₹10,000 would be payable along with first year’s fee.
- Academic Fee and Technology Fee will increase maximum by 10 % in each consecutive year.
B.Des Programme Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: –
- Admission & Counselling: –
For more details please contact
JK Lakshmipat University
Near Mahindra SEZ, P.O. Mahapura
Ajmer Road, Jaipur – 302 026
Email: [email protected]