Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Jaipur, Lalpur, Patna and Noida Off Campuses invites applications for admissions to MBA program .
MBA program is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Jaipur, Lalpur, Patna and Noida Off Campuses
Interested candidates should fulfill following eligibility criteria:
1) Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
2) Candidates must have minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Honours / aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in graduation. [The percentage of marks obtained by a candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the University / Institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree]
3) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 3 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the
At the time of reporting for the ‘GD & PI’ such applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) by ……………, he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (3) above), based on latest available grades / marks.
Selected candidates will be required to sign an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/- (as per format given in Sec-10).
Further, their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marksheets and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (3) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by October . Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the admission.
4) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes are eligible only if
(a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU
(b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated as per item
(3) above. They must carry original copy of pass certificate, marksheets of qualifying examination and proof of Institute recognized by the DEC-IGNOU along with their application during the GD &PI. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
1) Provisional selection will be based on performance of the candidate in Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GD & PI).
2) Based on various reservation criteria of State and Central Govt. [see section 5 for distribution of seats at each Campus]. However, candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements [refer eligibility criteria in Sec-2].
Selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified only after the GD&PI process at all Campuses is over, on the Institute website only.
Selected candidates will be required to take admission by the dates given, at the Campus of selection by depositing admission fee and required original certificates. Seats remaining vacant will be allotted to waitlisted candidates. The list of waitlisted candidates will also be announced on the Institute website.
How to Apply:
1. To fill online application form, click on the link “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to register for the programme and create password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling online application form.
2. Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. The candidates may select the choice of place for study MAXIMUM OF THREE CAMPUSES, in order of preference from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
4. Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Form / Application ID / Numbers:
The Form / Application number on each online application form may be noted and cited in correspondence, if required. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
Documents to carry at the time of Admission:
1. A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
2. One recent colour photograph.
a). Pass certificate and Marksheet of Class 10
b). Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
c). Marksheets of Graduation for graduates
d). Marksheets upto pre-final year for candidates graduating. They must also bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
i. By ……….., he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjectsrequired for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
ii. He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades / marks.
e). Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes (DEC-IGNOU) must carry a proof of pass certificate, marksheets of graduation and Institute recognition by the DEC-IGNOU.
f). Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
g). Candidates belonging to other special categories mentioned in Sec 5 (Persons with Disability [PwD], Kashmiri Migrant and Ward of BIT employee) must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
h). Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
MBA program Important dates section aims to list all important dates such as date of availability of form, last submission date, result date, counselling date, etc.
- Filling of Online Application Form begins: July
- Last date for Applying Online: July
- Display of Campus-wise list of short-listed candidates to be called for GD & PI [ to be notified on the Institute website / Notice Boards of concerned Campuses]: July
- Dates for GD & PI (short-listed candidates): July
- Declaration of First Selection List: July
- Classes will tentatively commence from: August
For more details please contact
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215