- 1 APICET Exam
- 1.1 Important Dates
- 1.2 Courses
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 Application Process
- 1.5 Registration Fee
- 1.6 Qualifying Examination
- 1.7 Exam Pattern
- 1.8 How to Apply
- 1.9 Exam Pattern
- 1.10 Exam Cities
- 1.11 Top colleges accepting Andhra Pradesh ICET score
- 1.12 APICET Paper Pattern
- 1.13 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
- 1.14 Cutoff
- 1.15 Results
- 1.16 Counselling
- 2 Contact Details
APICET (Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test) for admission into MBA and MCA regular Courses offered by State Universities and Professional Colleges under the Jurisdiction of A.P State Council of Higher Education for the academic year. The APICET will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE. The Office of the Convener, APICET is located in Andhra University Campus. Eligible candidates who wish to apply for APICET may submit their applications through online mode.
Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) invites applications for admission to MBA/MCA Programs for the academic session at its Visakhapatnam Campus.
Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET) Admission RO MBA/MCA
|Exam Name:||Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Institute:||Andhra University|
|Commonly called as:||APICET|
|Exam Level:||State Level|
|Release of AP ICET Application Form||As per SKU Anantapur|
|Application Form Last Date||As per SKU Anantapur|
|Admit Card Release Date||As per SKU Anantapur|
|AP ICET 2024 Exam Date||As per SKU Anantapur|
|Last Year’s Exam Date||24, 25 May|
|Publication of Answer Key||As per SKU Anantapur|
|AP ICET Result Announcement Date||As per SKU Anantapur|
AP ICET – An Exam Overview
|Name of Exam||AP ICET|
|Full Form of AP ICET||Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test|
|Organizing Body||AU on behalf of APSCHE|
|Full Form of AU on behalf of APSCHE||Andhra University, on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Type of Exam||Common Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through AP ICET||MBA, MCA|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through AP ICET||University constituent and affiliated colleges|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam for MBA||Degree of 3/4 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent.|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam for MCA||Degree of 3/4 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.|
|Mode of Exam||TBA, Last year it was – Online|
|Type of Questions||TBA, Last year it was – MCQ type|
|Number of Questions||TBA, Last year it was – 200|
|Total Marks||TBA, Last year it was – 200|
|Marking Scheme||TBA, Last year it was – +1|
|Exam Duration||TBA, Last year it was – 150 minutes|
|Subjects in Question Paper||TBA, Last year it was – Analytical Ability, Communication Ability, Mathematical Ability|
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
The candidates seeking admission –
- Should have studied and passed a 3 year Degree course in any faculty conducted by the Universities or its equivalent Degree Examination in 10 + 2 + 3 pattern as recognized by U.G.C. (University Grants Commission). For recognized universities please log on to https://www.ugc.ac.in/recog_College.aspx for degrees / Universities permitted by distance education bureau, please log on to https://www.ugc.ac.in/deb and follow the link Recognition information.
- MBA – Degree of 3 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent.
- MCA – Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subjects at Intermediate or Degree level.
- Note: Candidates who passed all the subjects of the three years of any Degree course in one sitting are not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course.
- Candidates with aggregate marks of 50% (45% in case of reserved categories –SC, ST and BC) are eligible to take admission through APICET.
- Candidates shall fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down in relevant Government Orders in vogue at the time of admissions.
- The qualifying Degree obtained by the Distance Mode Program should have recognition by the Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC/DEB.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for APICET.
- The candidates who satisfy eligibility criteria stated above can apply for APICET by filling an application online through web site https://cets.apsche.ap.gov.in/ or https://cets.apsche.ap.gov.in/ICET/ICET/ICET_HomePage.aspx
- Detailed Information for filling the online application is given in the user manual available in the portal.
- For OC Registration Fee for online Test is Rs. 650/-
- For BC Registration Fee for online Test is Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST Candidates Registration Fee for online Test is Rs. 550/-
- MBA – Degree of 3 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at 10th class level.
- MCA – Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
- (Note: Candidate who passed all the subjects of the three years of any Degree course in one sitting is not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course)
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Online test.
- Question type – The questions are Objective type multiple choice.
- Number of Questions – There are 200 questions in the entrance exam.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 200.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 150 minutes.
- Language of Question Paper – For Section-B, Examination will be held only in English medium, whereas for Section A & Section C, the examination will be held in both English and Telugu mediums.
MEDIUM OF TEST: For Section-B, Examination will be held only in English medium, whereas for Section A & Section C, the examination will be held in both English and Telugu mediums.
- PATTERN OF THE TEST: The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each in the following topics.
- Section A (Analytical Ability) – (i) Data Sufficiency (20) (ii) Problem Solving (55)
- Section B (Communication Ability) – (i) Vocabulary (15) (ii) Business and Computer Terminology (15) (iii) Functional Grammar (20) (iv) Reading Comprehension (20)
- Section C (Mathematical Ability) – (i) Arithmetical Ability (35) (ii) Algebraical and Geometrical Ability (10) (iii) Statistical Ability (10)
- DURATION OF THE TEST : 150 MINUTES
How to Apply
– The candidate who wants to apply for APICET Exam can fill ICET Exam Online Application Form from the official website on or before the last date of application form submission.
– Candidates should keep in mind that all the information you are filling in the form must be correct and should be in a proper manner. The application submission should be done before the last date otherwise you have to pay the late fee for your application form submission after the last date.
– The entire information about APICET is provided on the official website. Be ready with the “mandatory details” and then Click on “APPLY ONLINE” field. It will guide you through the whole process.
Before filling the Online Application Form, keep the following mandatory details ready to fill in the appropriate fields:
The Mandatory details are as follows:
|S.NO.||Details Required||Document To Be Referred|
Hall ticketNumberof thequalifyingExamination
|Marks Memo / Hall Ticket|
|03.||DateofBirth||Birth Certificate / SSC or|
|SSC or EquivalentCertificate|
|05.||LocalStatus(AU/SVU /ANU/OU/Non-local)||The local candidate certificate|
issued by MRO / Competent
the MRO/Competent Authority
|07.||Category (SC, ST,BCetc.)||The Certificate issued by|
|08.||SpecialCategory (NCC,PH,Sports,CAP,etc.)||The Certificate issued by|
|09.||Aadhar Card numberifavailable||–|
For Online Application you will have to refer official website
The test is held in offline mode. The candidates will be required to mark their answers in an OMR sheet. It has been designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess their aptitude for admission into MBA program. A total of 200 questions will be asked in the test, divided into 3 sections. The language will be English and Tamil for section A and B and only English for section C. The duration of APICET is 2.5 hours. The table below furnishes the APICET 2016 Exam pattern in detail –
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Section A – Analytical Ability|
1. Data Sufficiency
2. Problem Solving
|Section B – Mathematical Ability|
1. Arithmetical Ability
2. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
3. Statistical Ability
|Section C – Communication Ability 1. Vocabulary|
2. Business and Computer Terminology
3. Functional Grammar
4. Reading Comprehension
The candidates will be awarded with 1 mark each for marking a correct answer. However, there is no negative marking in this exam. The total mark of the test is 200, wherein section A & B will carry 75 marks while section C will carry 50 marks. If the candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks. Considering the convenience of the candidates, we are providing below a link for obtaining APICET model question paper and details of topics from which questions are asked in the test.
|01 Ananthapur||02 Amalapuram||03 Bhimavaram|
|04 Chittor||05 Guntur||06 Kadapa|
|07 Kakinada||08 Kuppum||09 Kurnool|
|10 Nellore||11 Ongole||12 Rajamahendravaram(RJY)|
|13 Srikakulam||14 Thirupathi||15 Vijyawada|
|16 Visakhapatnam||17 Vizianagaram||–|
Top colleges accepting Andhra Pradesh ICET score
The selection of candidates and allotment to colleges will be on the basis of rank obtained at the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) and other conditions laid down.
|S. No.||Name of MBA colleges accepting AP ICET scores|
|1.||Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Nandhyal, Kurnool|
|2.||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi|
|3.||Jawaharlal Technological University, Kakinada|
|4.||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|5.||Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Vijayawada|
|6.||Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Chittor|
|7.||Dr. Lankapalli Bullayya College, Visakhapatnam|
APICET Paper Pattern
The test is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess his/her aptitude for admission into MBA/MCA programme. The Test emphasises accuracy. Therefore, the candidate is required to go through the instructions carefully.
In the exam, 200 numbers of questions were asked and the paper time was 150 minutes. The exam is state level exam and it is conducted on 30 different examinations centres. The AP ICET exam various government and private colleges are provided admission. For the exam, applicants should have completed 3 years bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks in mathematics and relevant subjects. The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each in the following topics.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Section – A : Analytical Ability|
|Section – B : Mathematical Ability|
|Algebraically and Geometrical Ability||30|
|Section – C : Communication Ability|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10|
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidate Admit card download from university website.
The candidate should verify all the information in the admit card. If any issue is found, then get it corrected with the concerned authority.
The candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination hall. Without it, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is also very important to document for the further admission processes.
APICET Cutoff will be released by the officials after the test is over. The APICET Cutoff will determine the admission of a candidate who appeared in the test. Students can check all the details about the cutoff in the article.
APICET will be conducted In the month of May in paper-pencil based mode. It is likely that around 70,000 candidates will appear in the test. The cutoff is based on factors like difficulty level, the number of candidates, total marks etc. Based on last year’s trend, it is likely that this year the APICET Cutoff will be 50.
The result will be announced on the official website of APICET.
Qualifying Marks for APICET: The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25% (i.e. 50 marks out of total 200 marks). However, for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes,no minimum qualifying percentage of marks is prescribed.
Ranking: Candidates will be given State-wide ranks in the order of merit at the APICET .
For the preparation of merit list, in case more than one student scores the same marks at APICET, the tie will be resolved as follows:
1. By considering the marks scored in Section-A
2. If the tie persists, marks obtained by a student in Section-B will be taken into consideration.
3. If the tie still persists, the tie will be resolved by taking into account the age of the candidate giving the older candidate Priority.
Rank obtained in APICET
6 is valid for admission into MBA/MCA Course (Full Time / Distance Mode / B.R Ambedkar AP Open University) of all A.P. State Universities and
Professional Colleges in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year.
Steps to be followed for APICET counselling
In order to attend the web-based AP ICET counselling, here are the steps to be followed:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AP ICET, apicet.nic.in.
Step 2: Candidates are required to register and pay the ICET counselling fee online.
Step 3: Attend certificate verification at HLC centres mentioned in the annexure.
Step 4: Next, one needs to register themselves and login for option entry.
Step 5: Candidates must print the saved options and print the allotment order.
Step 6: After their acceptance, candidates must report to their respective colleges.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
AP Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET)
ICET Building, Examination Block
AU College of Engineering Campus,
Visakhapatnam – 530 003.
Phone : 0891-2579797
Fax : 0891-2549595