MPH is an inter disciplinary programme that prepares the candidates to become leading public health professionals who are capable of addressing the current global public health issues through multi disciplinary approaches and latest scientific knowledge. Public health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organized efforts of society. The Master of Public Health degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership in public health.
The aim of JSS University in starting Master of Public Health is to create Public health professionals for delivering better in health care. There is increasing demand for MPH graduates in National and International Non Governmental Organizations (NGO’s), Public and Private sector organizations and in the field of research.
• Public health is an exciting and growing field of study. The field challenges its professionals to confront complex health issues, such as improving access to health care, controlling infectious disease, and reducing environmental hazards, violence, substance abuse, and injury.
• Public health is diverse and dynamic field. Public Health professionals come from varying educational backgrounds and can specialize in an array of fields. A host of specialists, including teachers, journalists, researchers, administrators, environmentalists, demographers, social workers, laboratory scientists, and lawyers, work to protect the health of the public.
• Public health is a field geared toward serving others. Public health professionals serve local, national, and international communities. They are leaders who meet the many exciting challenges in protecting the public’s health today and in the future. Public health is a rewarding field. The field of public health offers great personal fulfillment working towards improving people’s health and well being is a rewarding day’s work.
The MPH programme will provide career and employment opportunities for student as programme manager, community health officer, project coordinator, health manager etc in:
1. National Health Programmes like NRHM, NUHM, RCH, Pulse Polio Programme, RNTCP etc,
2. Voluntary Health Organizations
3. Non Governmental Organization
4. International Agencies like WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA etc.,
Stay connected with us on