The Central University of Rajasthan has been established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 25 of 2009, The Gazette of India, No. 27, published on 20th March, 2009 as a new Central University, and is fully funded by the Government of India.
The Visitor »
The President of India, Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil, is the Visitor of the Central University of Rajasthan.
The Vice Chancellor »
The President of India, in her capacity as the Visitor of the University, has appointed Prof. M. M. Salunkhe as the first Vice Chancellor of the University.
Temporary Campus Address »
All Academic Programmes (2010-2011) will be held in Kishangarh at Shri Ratanlal Kanwarlal Patni Government P.G. College, Kishangarh (Ajmer District).
Facilities Offered at University Campus »
All programmes for academic year 2010-11 will be held in Kishangarh at Shri Ratanlal Kanwarlal Patni Government P.G. College with excellent facilities like:
· Separate Boys and Girls Hostel with internet facility
· Fully furnished laboratories
· 10 Mbps High Speed Internet Connectivity
· Library Facility with UGC Inflibnet Consortium
· Language Laboratory
· and many more…
Permanent Site for the University »
The state government has allocated 518+ Acres of land for the permanent site of the Central University at Bandra Sindri near Kishangarh on Jaipur – Ajmer Road (NH-8).
· 20 Km from Kishangarh
· 46 Km from Ajmer
· 76 Km from Jaipur when going from Jaipur to Ajmer
· Less than a Km (700 meters) from the highway (NH-8)
The Central University of Rajasthan aspires to be one of India’s most dynamic and vibrant universities, responsive to the changing global trends, providing unparalleled educational opportunities for the learner community especially for those coming from the lower socio- economic strata of society seeking quality education. It proposes to offer innovative undergraduate and graduate academic programmes as well as continuing personal and professional enrichment in selected areas that will lead to the formation of a scholarly community by advancing, sharing and applying knowledge and by facilitating the development of thoughtful, creative, sensitive and responsible citizens.
The mission of the Central University of Rajasthan is to contribute to and work with a sense of Commitment towards the educational, cultural, economic, environmental, health and social advancement of the region and the nation at large by providing excellent undergraduate liberal education and quality programs leading to bachelors, masters, professional and doctorate degrees.
To facilitate accessible and affordable quality education that equips the students with scholarly and professional skills, moral principles and global perspectives.
· To strengthen both faculty and student research addressing basic and regional problems.
· To integrate national and international perspectives into our fundamental four-fold mission of teaching, research, extension and consultancy.
· To explore knowledge and wisdom in order to build a wealth of interdisciplinary academic resources indispensable for sustainable development to accomplish the status of a leading research-intensive university; and to engage in transferring knowledge and technology to the community in order to strengthen and elevate the community potential, and to increase the competitiveness of India at the global level.
· To employ the strategy of proactive management of the university administration and to operate the system within a sensible framework of high-quality governance based on efficiency, transparency and accountability.
· To formulate the University as one of the best places in the world to attain intellectual skills and acquire an affirmative mindset to thrive in an increasingly internationalized and competitive job market simultaneously acting as responsible citizens of the global community by the inculcation of value-oriented education.
· Building character values and simultaneously forging the careers of the students by developing analytical thinking, individual initiative and responsibility.
· Providing flexible, innovative academic and research programmes and support structures that are responsive to a broad range of learners and regional needs.
· Facilitating a wide range of learning opportunities for learners engaged in graduate, postgraduate and research programmes.
· Encouraging considerate and accountable faculty-student participatory interaction on local, state, national and international affairs.
· Recognizing a special obligation to educate the students coming from minorities and lower socio-economic strata of the society.
· Undertaking research and consultancy on the challenges the region is facing and contributing its expertise for the community.
· Providing means for capacity building for leadership and service through academic programmes, campus activities and creating opportunities for community involvement.
Quality Statement »
In order to meet the challenges of the knowledge era and to keep pace with the knowledge explosion in Higher Education, the Central University of Rajasthan is committed to inculcating and sustaining quality in all the dimensions of Higher Education viz. teaching, learning, research, extension and governance while catering to the regional and global needs.
Central University of Rajasthan - Ajmer has 13 Departments listed that offer various academic courses.
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Central University of Rajasthan - Ajmer