The Central University of Haryana has been established by an Act of Parliament in 2009. The University is to be situated in (Jant-Pali) on Mahendergarh-Dadri Road in an area of more than 500 acres of land. Presently University is functioning from its temporary campus located in the new building of Govt. B.Ed. College at Narnaul.The work on the construction and development of the permanent campus at Jant-Pali villages, Mahendergarh has already commenced and is proceeding with speed.
Universities exist not only and simply for disseminating and imparting knowledge but are also charged with responsibility of creating knowledge and innovation. Institutions and processes responsible for creation of knowledge and innovation more so in today’s era which is experiencing paradigm shifts in almost every walk of life – be it social, political, economic or cultural, need to appreciate among other two most significant developments, namely dismantling of geographical boundaries (because of globalization and IT revolution) and emergence of knowledge societies wherein boundaries of disciplines too are fudging. Thus creation of knowledge is a holistic process rather than a process which is informed by narrow social perspective or isolated approach to single discipline or single experience. Universities known as storehouse of excellence are to create excellence not just for sake of excellence or impart knowledge not just for the sake of knowledge. In addition to producing excellence Universities are under fundamental obligation to cater needs of communities, societies and individuals. Universities owe it to society to be the agent and instrument for empowering individual, community and society. Producing good citizens with wider horizon and perspective fully immersed in constitutional culture is an important responsibility of Universities. Universities are under an obligation to impart knowledge and learning that contribute to the peace and prosperity locally, nationally and globally. Education and more so higher education, being most valued and desired ‘public good’ we at the Central University of Haryana are under an obligation to enhancing access with equity to quality education which is relevant and helps in creating excellence and ultimately producing citizenry which is responsive, reflective and sensitive.
It will be a University dedicated to:
* Promoting, Learning, Research, Access, Quality and Peace, prosperity and growth at individual, social, national and global level.
* Contributing to Technological, Scientific Environment, Infrastructure, Social and Economic Welfare.
* Imparting knowledge and learning and to do research which contribute to the peace, prosperity and growth of the individual, society/community and the larger world.
* Defining learning and discovery in a global context and setting new standards in education, research, scholarship, and creative work.
* Producing educated and well-trained human recourses, create a more educated state, well prepared for a global, technological society, by providing quality education, leading-edge research, and committed public service.
Central University of Haryana has 8571 Departments listed that offer various academic courses.
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Central University of Haryana