The Central University of Gujarat has been established by the Parliament vide the Central University Act, 2009 (No.25 of 2009) with objective of dissemination and advancement of knowledge to make special provisions for integrated courses, to educate and train manpower for the development of the country, to appropriate measure for promoting innovation in teaching-learning and to pay special attention to the improvement of social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development
The Central University of Gujarat came into being from 3rd March 2009. Her Excellency, Shrimati Pratibha Patil appointed Professor Raosaheb K Kale, who has long experience in teaching & made a original contribution in the field of Cancer and Radiation Biology as well as in university administrator, as the first Vice-Chancellor.
To establish as a center of excellence with social commitment, integrating modern, scientific and technological knowledge and skills with the basic human ethos and values. The university shall set forth a model in higher education learning, skill and personality development and create a sense of responsiveness.
The mission of the university is to provide education to deserved and create an opportunity for training students to tackle the emerging challenges of the globalized technology international competitiveness, leadership in thought and action, and develop entrepreneurial abilities for creation of wealth and prosperity for their own country and peace and happiness for people.
Objects of the University
* To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
* To make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science and technology in its educational programmes.
* To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research.
* To educate and train manpower for the development of the country.
* To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology.
* To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar has 6 Departments listed that offer various academic courses.
Scholarships are grant-in-aid to a student who wants to pursue education at Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar