Bachelor of Science (BSc Medical Microbiology) is an undergraduate Microbiology course. Medical microbiology is both a branch of medicine and microbiology which deals with the study of microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites which are of medical importance and are capable of causing diseases in human beings. It includes the study of microbial pathogenesis and epidemiology and is related to the study of disease pathology and immunology. In the medical laboratory, these microbiologists also work in a sub-department dedicated to parasitology. The course is three years duration but it depends on the different institutes differently.
This highly significant branch of medicine is exclusively concerned with studies on microorganisms [such as bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses] to discover effects of these on human and animals, in order to provide perfect treatment to diverse infectious diseases, and make certain clinical applications of microbes for improvement of health. Successful completion of ours this bachelor’s degree course in medical microbiology can provide students quick employments as microbiology technicians, assistant microbiologists, medical research technicians or assistants, or assistants in the immunology or clinical microbiology laboratories. The most common employment avenues will be private hospitals and clinics, pharmaceutical companies, governmental or philanthropic institutions related with health and medical research, veterinary hospitals, medical, schools or university-affiliated teaching hospitals, etc.
- The program requires utmost dedication along with having scientific and analytical temper, interest in research, observant attitude and determination.
- They should possess the ability to work in a team of professionals, good communication skills and hard work.
- They should have also good mathematical and computational skills.
- Those who willing to go for the Master’s degree aiming to become lecturer at colleges/universities level also can go for the course.
- They have the option to become laboratory technicians, aids to biological scientists or as biology teachers.
- They can also become private teacher and home tutor.
- They can also go for jobs in many places like research and development laboratories of government and private hospitals, research organizations, pharmaceutical, food, beverage and chemical industries.
- Medical microbiologists can also work in hospitals and Health Protection Agency laboratories.
- Biomedical Scientist
- Scientist or Technician
- Microbiologist - Water Companies
- Technical or Science Writer
- Lecturer, Reader & Professor
- Medical Representative - Pharmaceutical Industries
Stay connected with us on
Today: Apr 02, 2023