|City||Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Affiliated to||Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra|
Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University is affiliated to Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra
The Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning was founded on November 22, 1981, by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. An autonomous body, it has been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and the University Grants Commission (UGC), as a Deemed University vide their notification no.F9-11/81-0.3 dt. 10.11.1981. The Institute has been admitted as a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities vide their letter no.Meet/Reg.Memb/86/97596 dt. 20.4.1986. The institute which grew out of the colleges founded earlier by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba at Anantapur (A.P.), Whitefield (near Bangalore, Karnataka) and Prasanthinilayam (A.P.), which aims at imparting Integral Education , development of character being considered the primary objective of education. In practical terms, the programmes offered by the Institute seek to combine the best of both our ancient traditions and modern advancements. While the foundations are the eternal human values, the superstructure relates to today's Society. The Institute subscribes wholly to the concept and practice of national integration and has adopted an open admission policy, based on merit, encouraging the enrollment of boys and girls throughout the world. In order to effectively mould the student's personality, hostel living has been made compulsory and patterned in the ancient Gurukula Style.
Bhagavan Baba is not only the Founder of the Institute, but also its Revered Chancellor. Extremely dear to Bhagavan Baba are the eternal principles of Sathya, Dharma, Shanti, Prema and Ahimsa; all aspects of the Institute seek to reflect these noble ideas. Bhagavan Baba has repeatedly declared that education is for life and not for making a living. Accordingly, class room work, hostel life and extra curricular activities have all been designed to blend, mesh and to achieve a coherent development of the body, the mind and the soul of the student. The watchwords are:Duty, Discipline and Devotion. The focus is on purity, and the harmony of thought, word and deed (Trikaranasuddhi).
Bhagavan Baba has set the goal that when they graduate from the Institute, the students should be fully imbibed with noble ideas, patriotic fervour, compassion for the downtrodden, a desire for selfless service, and above all the firm determination to uphold Sathya and Dharma by observing the twin Vedic Injunctions :
Sathyam Vada(Always speak the truth)
Dharmam Chara(Always engage only in righteous action)
The students are always expected to :
Love all and Serve all.
Help ever and Hurt never.
The institute has several distinctive features. The more important among them are :
* Residential character of the Institute with students and faculty staying on the campuses
* An open admission policy enabling students from all over the country to seek admission to various courses, irrespective of income, class, creed, religion or region, making it truly national in character.
* Merit based selection through a very comprehensive testing and interviewing procedure giving adequate weightage to intellectual attainments and intuitive insight.
* Free Education: The institute does not charge any type of fees - tuition fees, laboratory fees, library fees, examination fees, caution deposit and the like.
* English as the medium of instruction at all levels.
* Development of scientific research at the doctoral level relevant to the local and national needs, introduction of educational technology through the installation of a modern space theatre in rural surroundings providing an opportunity for the students and the faculty to develop various kinds of simulation exercises and also formulate programmes of a creative and constructive character.
* Integrated courses of five years duration in order to promote talent
* A very favourable teacher-pupil ratio for closer rapport between students and faculty
* Maximum number of working days, fuller utilisation of national holidays and important festivals for educational purposes and extension work.
The success of the Institute in upholding these high ideals may be judged from the fact that everything operates with clockwork precision. In particular, there is never any student unrest. Examinations are always held on schedule as announced, and the Annual Convocation of the Institute invariably takes place on November 22. Sai students are scattered throughout the Globe, and wherever they are, they remain committed to the values they had imbibed while studying.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthinilayam - 515134
Tele No.: 08555-87239
Fax No: 08555-87390
Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University offers various graduate courses as well as Post Graduate courses.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University is affiliated to Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University is affiliated to Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra. Browse Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra Time Tables
List of facilities available at Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University for students.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute Of Higher Learning Deemed University