Central Hindu Boys School, Varanasi was established in the year 1898, Central Hindu Boys School, Varanasi is affiliated to Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
Central Hindu School was founded as 'Central Hindu Collegiate School' in 1898 by Dr. Annie Besant with a view to provide sound training in Hinduism, Nationalism and Indian Culture alongwith general education to young Indians to prepare citizens of high character and substantial achievements.
It has been a premier and pioneer Institution of its own kind in the country. Started in July 1898 with observation of Vedic Rites in a rented building at Karan Ghanta near Town Hall, Varanasi. This collegiate School was shifted in March 1899 to a magnificent building known as Kashi Naresh Hall with its rooms and lands attached to it at Kamachha, a building donated by His Highness Maharaja Prabhu Narain Singh of Banaras. Since then this Institution has been ably performing its social, national and international duties in accordance with its ideals and objectives. The management of this institution vested in the hands of Board of Trustee's under the leadership of Dr. Annie Besant till 1911. But, with the emergence of Hindu University Society to establish Banaras Hindu University this Institution was handed over to the society in 1914 on the condition that the Hindu University Society shall keep up and maintain the present Central Hindu College with the Central Hindu Girl's School, Renveer Sanskrit Pathshala and the Central Hindu Collegiate School to serve as the Nucleus of the Hindu University, proposed to be established. In the sequence the then Central Hindu School Society handed over its buildings and its funds of fourteen Lacs of rupees to the Banaras Hindu University Society. During this period, the institution was imparting education upto Intermediate level and the examination of these courses were conducted by Prayag University, Allahabad till 1917. University started conductind its own examinations of Admission (X standard) and Intermediate Classes/ PUC Classes/ Pre-medical/ Pre - Engineering Classes in 1918 and continued till 1976. It is noteworthy that at the initial stage Undergraduate and Postgraduate classes of the University also ran in this college campus and were transfered to respective colleges of the University Campus as and when buildings for these colleges were ready. With the introduction to 10+2 scheme by the Govt. of India, this school, with a view to conform its national role, accepted this (10+2) pattern course and this Institution was affiliated to C.B.S.E. in 1978 for examination purpose only. Administration and management of the Institution along with the salary and pension liability of the school teachers was the sole privilege of the B.H.U. The University framed rules for the teachers and implemented their grade on its own. Accordingly, the teachers of this school were placed in two caders known as PGT and TGT and in two consequent grades. Presently there are 45 P.G. Teachers and 31 T.G. Teachers are working in the school. More than 1750 students are studying in different streams. The school has Physics Lab, Chemistry Lab, Maths Lab, Computer Lab, Biology Lab, Agriculture Lab, Psychology Lab, Gym and many more in coordination with various sections like Science, Commerce and Arts.
Central Hindu School,
List of courses offered by Central Hindu Boys School, Varanasi
Disclaimer : All the information about college and its courses are taken from college website. We work hard to make sure the data remains fresh and updated, but still students are advised to check with college or visit official website for recent information. If you are administrator or webmaster and wish to update information, please get in touch with us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org