The Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary had its foundation in Pondicherry on 16th Oct.1844. The proud privilege of our Congregation is that, it is the First ...more
The Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary had its foundation in Pondicherry on 16th Oct.1844. The proud privilege of our Congregation is that, it is the First Indigenous Women Religious Congregation in the Continent of Asia. The Founder of this Congregation is Rev. Fr. Louis Savinien Dupuis MEP, a French Missionary.
The Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary is an out come of the ‘felt need’ of the Fathers of the Diocesan Synod of Pondicherry, as a result of their concern for the education of Women. The Fathers of the Synod believed that the education of women would become instrumental in fostering true piety in families and generally in raising the quality of families. During the Diocesan Synod held at Pondicherry the President Msgr. Clement Bonnard, the Vicar Apostolic of Pondicherry, spoke emphatically about the necessity for the education of women. The Fathers proposed the idea that an Indian Sisters’ Congregation should be started and the sisters should be entrusted with the responsibility of teaching women, secular education together with religious and moral education. By the Grace of God, with the blessings and consent of His Holiness Pope Gregory XVI and His Grace Msgr. Clement Bonnand, the Vicar Apostolic of Pondicherry, the seed for the new Congregation of the FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY was founded.
On 23rd of February1859 the Congregation was affiliated to the Third Order of St.Francis. In 1864, Msgr.Godelle officially instituted this pious association as a Diocesan Congregation. On 18th July, 1886 the Congregation was united juridically to the Third Order of St. Francis. Under the capable and responsible guidance of Rev. Fr. Dupuis, the Congregation grew and began to spread to the neighboring Dioceses. The Founder Father, Fr.Louis Savenian Dupuis tirelessly worked for the growth of the Congregation till his death on the 4th of June 1874 and his body was laid to rest in the Cathedral. Later on the 13th of April 1989 his body was exhumed and again solemnly laid to rest at Nirmala Novitiate at Pakkumudayanpet in Pondicherry.
Thereafter Sr.Maria Natchatram one of the first 4 sisters of the Congregation became the First Superior General and a body of a Four Member Council was also formed with the Directorship of Rev.Fr. Francis Berges.
The Superior Generals paved the way for the growth of the Congregation under the encouragement and guidance of the successive Directors (most of whom belonged to the Paris Foreign Missions) and it grew as the mustered seed and spread in all the corners of the land. In 1946, after consulting the Bishops of the dioceses of Pondicherry, Kollam and Vijayapuram and the General Councillors of the Congregation, the Holy Sea gave permission to the Apostolic Delegate of the East Indies to separate the Malayalam section from the Congregation. This division was effected in 1947. The sisters from Kerala were given option to choose either Malayalam or Tamil section. From that time onwards the sisters in Kerala began to function as a separate congregation with the name: ‘Congregation of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Quilon’.
After 163 years, the Congregation is now spread over 5 countries with 1050 sisters. The Motto of the Congregation is ‘Love and Sacrifice’ and its charism is ‘The sanctification of sisters for the sanctification of women’. The Congregation at present has 186 houses in four Provinces viz: Lourdes Province with its Provincialate at M.N.Kuppam covering the Pondicherry and Cuddalore area; Infant Jesus Province with its Provincialte at Madurai covering the Madurai, Salem, Coimbatore, Kottar, Tuticorin and Sivagangai area; St. Joseph Province with its Provincialate at Trichy covering the Trichy and Vellore area and Assisi Province with its Provincialate at Keesara ( Andhra) covering the Andhra, Chengalpet ,Chennai and the North Indian area. There is a region covering the East African houses under the name Dupuis Region. Our congregation runs 160 educational institutions which includes 45 primary schools,18 middle schools,58 high schools, 26 higher secondary schools,2 special schools ,7 arts & science colleges,3 teacher training institutions,1 B.Ed college, and 1 engineering college. Besides the nuns manage health care, community development and faith propagation centers.The founder of Our Congregation is Rev. Fr. Louis Savinien Dupuis MEP, a French Missionary.
He was born on 18th August 1806 at the city of Sanz in France. His Father’s name was Etheme Louis Dupuis and his mother’s name was Vigthnar Remi. Dupuis is his family Name. He completed his high school education in Sebastian High School at Sanz.
According to the Biblical quote,
“Come with me, and I will teach you to catch men” (Mt 4:19)
he ordained himself as a priest an 25th April 1829 and he joined in the Congregation of MEP on 25th May 1831. He was a fervent and zealous priest. He was a man of heroic faith and seraphic charity. He spent his life in the service of the church, restoring moral customs. His way of life and service reflected the words of Pope John Paul II. “The priest of tomorrow, no less than the priest of today, must resemble Christ”. (Pastores Dabo Vobis, #5). He dedicated himself to seek the perfection of charity in the service of God’s kingdom, for the honour of God, the building up of the church and the Salvation of the world. He started his voyage on July 4th, 1831 towards India as a missionary. He reached India on 9th April 1832. He was appointed as a Parish Priest of Bangalore on 21st August 1832 and he changed his ministry according to the needs. He joined in the Mission Printing Press as a manager on 1st July 1840.
On 18th January 1844, he participated in the Bishop’s synod at Pondicherry. There the church began to recognize the pressing need for women’s education and it was convinced that advancement in women’s education will nurture gamine piety in families and help in raising the Standards of families in general.
The synod members began to contemplate the possibility of establishing a congregation of Indian sisters to whose care the education of women, imparting of moral and religious instructions along with secular education could be entrusted. It was at this juncture that Rev. Fr. Louis Saninien Dupuis, impelled by his earnest devotion to the accomplishment of the Divine will, came forward to make this venture a reality and founded our Franciscan Sisters of Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation on 16th October, 1884.
He framed the Rules and regulations with simple and solid spirituality taken from the Franciscan sources. He keenly felt the pressing need of education for the poor especially the girls and women in rural areas. He was a man, who worked without expecting any reward. As a good leader and a best spiritual guide, he led the sisters, by understanding their inner feelings and accepting them as it is. He guided the sisters to grow in strong and healthy relationships and to preach the good news to the world. His words inspired them and made them to sanctify themselves and to walk in the right path. His perception was different with the capability of finding the good qualities of human being.
He worked tirelessly for the growth of the Congregation till his death on the 4th of June 1874 and his body was laid to rest in the Cathedral. Later on the 13th of April 1989 his body was exhumed and again solemnly laid to rest at Nirmala Novitiate at Pakkumudayanpet in Pondicherry.Idhaya Engineering College for Women is established in the year 2001 and managed by the Franciscan sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation, in Pondicherry. The college is located in Chinnasalem, Villupuram District, TamilNadu, South India, at a distance of 2km from the Chinnasalem National Highway.
The mission of Idhaya Engineering College for Women is to establish itself as one of the nation’s leading Institution Committed to serving the Cause of Women through high quality academic programmes like Engineering Technology and other related services. The Idhaya Engineering College Exclusively for Women was started on 22 nd August 2001 with the prime objective of providing quality technical education for Women according to the motto of the College “BUILD A BETTER WORLD”. The Women professionals are equipped with professional skills and knowledge, which are required to shatter all the barriers they face in the society. As a result a young engineers could be effective professionalist to the society for better future.
The College has all the infrastructure facilities with well-equipped Labs, Computer center with high speed Internet, play ground.
The college has a team of motivated, dedicated and qualified faculty, who has been working hard for the women society to imparting quality education in the areas of science, Engineering and Technology. Our faculty members are not only the teachers but also a Councilor, friends and guiding Stars of our student, most of our students are residing in the Hostel, which is well established with all modern facilities. The students have been taking care by the chief warden and asst.warden.Our faculty members have been sent to various seminars, workshops, and conferences to various college and places to equip themselves and to set better experiences in the field of Technical education. We are all together under the one roof of Idhaya, go with hand, co-operate, coordinate and contribute, for the development of the college. May the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the patroness of our college lead and guide the institution in facing all the challenges with faith and perseverance, may the dream of our founder and our ancestors come true through this institution.
Idhaya Engineering College For Women
Chinnasalem - 606201
Add an event or your college festivals to IndCareer.com. It's quick and free!
IndCareer.com provides complete information about Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem. Total 3 courses of Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem is listed with us.
Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem was established in the year 2001, Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem is affiliated to Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore
Bookmark this page if you are looking for Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem College festivals, exam notifications at Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem, updated photos of Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem, Videos of Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem and results of Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem
Checkout the details of each courses at Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem. Latest happening at colleges is reported under news section of Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem. Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem Alumni listing aims to connect existing students and revive old memories.
Additionaly, you can search for Boys / Girls hostels in Vilupuram
Disclaimer : All the information about college and its courses are taken from college website. We work hard to make sure the data remains fresh and updated, but still students are advised to check with college or visit official website for recent information. If you are administrator or webmaster and wish to update information, please get in touch with us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Idhaya Engineering College For Women, Chinnasalem
You will be notified of any educational information related to this college.
You will be notified about
(enter the email address on which you want emails to sent. This email will not be shared)