DAV College of Education, Amritsar is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
The institution, originally founded by Shri Balak Ram Kapoor in the year 1956, under the name of Saraswati Training College, is situated in the heart of the city of Amritsar. The college was renamed as DAV College of Education for Women in 1967. The credit for having brought the institution from virtually a non-entity to the present status of a prestigious institution, known for its high academic and moral standards, goes to stalwarts of DAV College Managing Committee.
The institution has been on fast track of unprecedented progress due to relentless efforts put in by its dynamic principals and staff under the leadership of DAV College Managing Committee ,New Delhi . The incumbent Principal Dr. (Mrs.) Aruna Anand who joined the institution in the year 2000 after the retirement of Dr.( Mrs.)K.K. Gupta in 1999 has also been working assiduously to keep the glorious traditions of the college alive and accelerate the growth and development of the institution.
Salient Features of the College:
* Magnificient building with spacious well lit class rooms
* Well qualified dedicated and competent teaching faculty.
* Hostel facilities with all modern ameneties
* Well equipped and rich Library, Science, Computers and Psychology Labs
* Emphasis on Sports, Physical fitness, Literay, Cultural, Art and Community Service activities
* College Magazine "The Richa" and student handbook published every year
* Special classes held for week students (remedial teaching)
* Special projects given to advance learners
* Seminars/Confer ences/Workshops/Extension lectures organised from time to time as issues of current social and national importance
* Fee concessions, Scholarships and Book bank facility available to needy deserving students
* Linkage with renowned institutions for placement. Guidance and Placement cell functioning in the instituion.
* Maximum oppurtunities to tap and maximize students potential
The institution is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar for its Professional courses. The institution was recognized for its B.Ed and M.Ed courses by NCTE in 1998 and 2001 respectively. The college is recognized by Punjab Govt. under its grant- in- aid scheme .The institute at present offers following courses:
In B.Ed., 200 seats are available. Admission to B.Ed. is based on State Level entrance test organized by Punjab Govt.
In M.Ed., 25 seats are available.Admission criteria for this course is on Test Basis. Candidates from outside Punjab can also apply.
PGDCA(T.E) : (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
Any student with 45% marks in graduations is eligible for this course. Admission is through interview basis. Candidates from outside Punjab can also apply.
ETT: (Elementary Teacher Training) (Likely to be started)
Duration 2 Years Min. Qualification: +2 in any discipline. Candidates from outside Punjab can also apply.
The results of the institution have been outstanding both qualitatively and quantitatively. Results of the college almost every year are above the university pass percentage. Students of the college are placed on merit lists and capture top positions in the university as well.:
Dharam Siksha Examination:
Dharam Shiksha Examination is organized every year by DAV Managing Committee, New Delhi to develop Vedic values among students. Our students participate in this examination and hold top positions among colleges of education.
Students of the college participate in G.N.D.U Zonal Youth Festival almost every year and always bag top positions in various events of the Festival.
D.A.V. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Disclaimer : All the information about college and its courses are taken from college website. We work hard to make sure the data remains fresh and updated, but still students are advised to check with college or visit official website for recent information. If you are administrator or webmaster and wish to update information, please get in touch with us by writing to email@example.com